Deductions need to be entered into employee records for each payroll period to account for the draws taken through Fuego earned wage access (EWA). The Fuego deduction file is created through the payroll batch creation process and can be done manually by customers on the Fuego admin site. This article shows how to create a payroll batch for a full pay period.
Please note, these instructions are for customers who manually create the payroll batches versus an integrated or automated configuration. If you are interested in either of these options, please reach out to your implementation specialist or CSM)
The creation of the batch payroll occurs within the Admin tool. Please access the admin tool via your current processes but the link is referenced below:
- Access the Fuego Admin site at https://admin.fuegosecure.com/, enter your login details and Sign in
Creating a New Batch
- Select the Organization to work in from the drop-down (there may only be one available) and then Continue
- Once logged in, open the side panel using the hamburger icon from the top-left corner
- Select Batch Management
The Batch administration landing page will show a list of the previous batches and their statuses.
- Select Create New Batch
Payroll data is then needed to create a batch.
- Select the appropriate Pay Group
- This will unlock the Pay Period drop-down - select the appropriate period that needs to be processed
A list will display, showing employees who have wage draws for that corresponding Pay Group and Period.
- To create a batch that includes all employees who have wage draws in this pay period, use the Save All button
- To select individual employees (who need to be included in an Off Cycle or Partial Payroll Period, for example) tick the boxes next to their names
- If selecting individual employees, use the Save button when complete
50 employees will be displayed per page. The top tick box will only select employees on that particular page.
After saving, a notification will confirm the batch was successfully saved. It will then appear on the batch list.
Exporting to Payroll
If your data is sent via API to your payroll system, no further action is needed and the details of the batch will be available in your payroll solution on the agreed schedule
As your data is sent via SFTP to your payroll system, the details of the batch will be picked up and processed by your payroll provider - no further action is needed.
- To manually import the data to your payroll solution, select the CSV icon against the batch
A CSV file will then download, with key payroll attributes to be imported into your payroll system.
- Follow the standard import process per your payroll processing guidelines