Before employees clock in for a shift, they see the main dashboard. Here, information specific to that Location can be displayed via a daily bulletin and 'Today's Numbers' (expected covers for lunch, dinner service, etc).
Location managers can input this information via the eClock Management app. This article provides guidance on this.
Managers will need the Can Edit TnA Daily Bulletin user level permission - for details, see eClock - Installing the eClock App.
Configuring Bulletins and 'Today's Numbers'
- Log in to Fourth Engage and select All Applications > eClock Management App
Fig.1 - eClock Management App (via Fourth Engage)
- Select the required Location and then Continue
Fig.2 - Select Location (eClock Management app)
- Go to the Bulletin & Stats tab
- Type into the Bulletin field (512 character limit) - this could be daily specials, information on kitchen stock levels, particular items to upsell, etc
- Under Today's Numbers, enter the service periods and the number of covers expected for each one - as required
- To send the information to the eClock app, select Update
Fig.3 - Bulletin & Today's Numbers (eClock Management app)
The bulletin and 'today's numbers' will then be displayed on main dashboard page, which will be seen by employees when they go to clock in.
Fig.4 - Main Dashboard (eClock App)
Configuring Location Settings
- Selecting the settings icon from the eClock Management App
Fig.5 - Settings Icon(eClock Device Management app)
Each Location will need to configure their own settings.
- Disable Selfie - Disable the picture capturing when an employee clocks in and out.
- Show shift details - If enabled employees shifts will be displayed within the eClock App. They will be displayed 60 minutes + the allow early clock-in within minutes value. For example if a shift is scheduled to start at 10:00 and early clock is set to 120 minutes shifts will be displayed from 07:00. (60 minutes + 120 minutes = 180 minutes)
- Allow early clock-in within - This is the number of minutes before a shift is due to start an employee can clock in.
- Allow late clock-in within - This is the number of minutes after a shift is due to start an employee will be recorded as "late" for their shift. Their employee edging will be displayed in red.
- Maximum shift length - If an employee has been working more minutes than the maximum shift length, when they next enter their pin they will be prompted with a warning asking the employee the following
- Continue shift - Employee continues to start break or clock out
- Start new shift - If selected the employee will need to retrospectively set a clock out time for their existing shift.
Fig.6 - Location Settings (eClock Device Management app)
Please sign in to leave a comment.