Organizations have the option to use Background Checks at their organization. Check with your Administrator to determine if you will be using these workflows.
Note: This is a high level overview; details may differ for your organization. Only certain users can run background checks and only certain users can view background check results.
- For a position requiring a Background Check, you will see the Background Checks tab appear when the individual is made a candidate.
- Applicants to positions requiring a Background Check will have already signed consent during the application process.
- When you click Background Checks, you will see information regarding the most recent consent form or the ability to send a consent form if needed. On the Run New Background Check tab, you will see the options listed. Click Run New for the package you want to submit.
- After you select the Background Check package, you will be prompted to complete information regarding the candidate. Information will fill in automatically from the candidate’s PeopleMatter application. All fields with a blue asterisk are required. When finished entering the required information, click Run.
- If you do not know the information needed or you do not have access to enter the information, you can click “request additional information” which will send a message to the candidate to submit the information needed. After the candidate submits the information, the background check request will be sent to LS Screening.
- You will use the Background Checks dashboard, available from the Administrator Home WorkSpace, to view the status of the "request for additional information" needed for background checks on your candidates.
- The Date Sent column indicates the date the request for a background check was submitted.
- The Type column indicates the type of background check submitted.
- The Viewed column indicates if the candidate has viewed the consent and request for additional information.
- The Responded column indicates if the candidate has entered the information required to run the background check. If you need to resend information to the candidate, you can click the Resend hyperlink.
- There are also filters available on the left that allow you to view results based on specific parameters.
- If you have access to view the Background Check results, you can do so from the candidate's record. On the Background Checks tab, select the background check package from the drop-down list. The results will be listed.