What improvements/features are included in E-Verify v30?
Enhanced Duplicate Check - Duplicate check will now run before assigning a case number.
Enhanced Photo Match - A third photo match option has been added for ‘no photo displayed’. This should be used when a photo is not shown, or the photo is not of a person (the back of a passport for instance). When a photo is not present, the system will allow you to upload both the front and back images of the document.
Dual TNC/Simultaneous verification - Dual TNC (Tentative Non-Confirmation) / Simultaneous verification - In v30 both DHS (Department of Homeland Security) and SSA (Social Security Administration) are queried simultaneously for their information, and that information is combined to create a case eligibility. Additionally, there is only one TNC phase, where either a DHS TNC, a SSA TNC, or a Dual TNC (both DHS and SSA TNCs) are handled by the employee. Note that if the employee has both a DHS and SSA TNC they still only have a total of 8 business days to address. Everything else about the TNC process is the same as v29.
Consolidated FAN - Where there used to be a different FAN generated for each TNC type, there is now only a single FAN that applies to all TNCs.
Auto-Close - Cases that receive "employment authorized" during any step of the verification process will be automatically closed with standard closure reasons. These cases will appear as they did when manually closed in v29.
- Error Messages - All error messages will be returned in a standard format, containing the field the error pertains to, a string key, and a human-readable description. Error messages will now be visible to managers (who can also clear the error messages).
What will happen to my v29 cases?
- All version 29 cases will be updated to work within E-Verify v.30.
How does this help with my compliance?
- This update helps with compliance by reducing the clutter/overhead of employment authorized cases and allows your team to focus on the cases that need attention to drive toward resolution.
When will v30 be turned on?
Are these changes automatic or are there any actions I need to take?
- All changes are automatic and there are no actions you need to take.
Will there be downtime?
- There will be no system downtime for the release, but you may notice a limited amount of service interruption for E-Verify. You will be able to submit new cases during the release but will not be able to access or update existing cases.
How long will E-verify be unavailable?
- Unfortunately, we have no way to know that as we are working with and relying upon a third party. We can tell you that, E-Verify will become unavailable around 8 AM and we hope to have it back up by lunchtime.
Please sign in to leave a comment.