Administrators can manually add a Team Member. This is typically done in the following situations:
- You want to add Administrative Users, such as Human Resources Staff or Managers
- You have an individual who will skip the application process but needs to complete onboarding through the PeopleMatter Platform
Before adding a new employee, you are encouraged to communicate with the individual, so they know to expect the account creation email from email@example.com.
To access Team Members at any time, follow this path: Settings. → Select your organization. → Company Settings/Team Members. You may see Team Members as Employees, Staff Members, or Associates.
To manually add an employee:
- Click Add New
- Enter Team Member Personal Information, including First Name, Last Name, and Email Address, which are required fields
- It is important to note that when entering the email address, you must use the individual’s email address and not a shared email address
- A unique and individual email address is required because this will be used for the Team Member to create their personal account within PeopleMatter
- You may run into errors if using a shared Email that already exists in the system
- Under Primary Job, click Add a Position. You will be prompted to select the units the Team Member will need to access. When finished assigning units, click Continue
- You will be prompted to enter additional information, including Hire Date at New Unit, Status, and Position at New Unit. Click Next
- You will be prompted to enter a Pay Rate. You can enter the Team Member’s pay rate or leave it at 0. If you have configured Pay Ranges, enter a number within the range. Click Add
- If you are entering an Administrative User, select Yes for Is this person a system administrator?
- You can select Assign one or more standard system administrator roles or Assign the Custom Store Manager role. Click the appropriate checkbox
- You are prompted to assign units and access rights. Click View/Assign Units and Access Rights
- Select the Units. Next to the unit, select the Access Rights from the drop-down, choosing from either Full Access or View Only. Click Continue
- When finished updating this Team Member, click Save
- The Team Member will be added to the Team Member Directory. When you add a new Team Member, PeopleMatter automatically sends an email inviting them to create their PeopleMatter account
- PeopleMatter: What administrative user roles exist? (video)
- Managers: How do I add a location or transfer a team member without enabling onboarding?
- PeopleMatter: Managers: How do I enable onboarding tasks for a manually added team member?
For additional training regarding Team Members & User Roles, please view the Add Team Members and Assign User Roles eLearning Lesson: