Administrators and Managers can utilize PeopleMatter's Reporting feature to gather data efficiently.
To schedule a report:
Use the report scheduler wizard, you can set up a job to run your report:
- Click on Library or click View then Repository to select the report to run.
- Use the search field or browse the list of reports to find the report you want to schedule.
- Right-click the report and select Schedule from the context menu.
- The following options are available:
- Back – Returns you to the list of reports.
- Create Schedule – Opens The Schedule page to define a schedule job for your report.
- Run Now – Runs the report in the background.
- Refresh List – Refreshes the list of Jobs, you can see if a report has completed.
- Click Create Schedule.
- In the New Schedule tab, complete the following:
- Start: Immediately or On Specific Date. Click the calendar icon to select a date and enter a time. If you don’t specify recurrence, the start date and time determine when the report runs. If you specify recurrence, you may still want to delay the first report date, for example a weekday report that you want to start next week.
- Time Zone: Specify the time zone for the schedule. It will default to the time zone of the server.
- Recurrence: Choose one of the following:
- None: Run the report once.
- Simple: Schedule the job to recur at an hourly, daily or weekly interval.
- Calendar: Schedule the job to recur on days of the week or days of the month.
- In the Parameters tab, complete the following, if desired:
- Select Location(s).
- Select Job(s).
- In the Output Options tab, complete the following:
- File name: You will enter the name of the file that will appear when you are viewing the report repository. For example, you may want to call one Weekly Employee Census.
- Description: This field is not required but you may want to enter a description of what the report is for your future reference.
- Formats: All available output formats are in this list. You can select one, or leave it as the default which is PDF. You can also pick to have more than one format and each of those picked will be created.
- File Handling: Here you can choose to have old output files overwritten each time a report is schedule to run or to have each report created with a unique sequential file name.
- In the Notifications tab, complete the following:
- Enter information about the emails that are sent when a scheduled report is run. You are also able to have email notifications sent about the job that run, which will alert you on success and/or failure of the report.
- To, CC and BCC: One or more email addresses separated by commas can be entered here.
- Subject: This will be the subject line of the notification email.
- Message: The content of the email message.
- Option to include a link to the report in the email
- Option to not send an email if the report is empty
- When finished, click Save.
Please sign in to leave a comment.