If Section 3 of a Reverification for I-9 was completed on paper, the Administrator or Manager may want to opt-out of the reverification process in the PeopleMatter system to prevent ICE fines for over-documentation.
Administrators and Managers can use the I-9 Documentation Dashboard to access individuals who need reverification of an expiring document on an I-9. The system will not notify you when a reverification is due; you will need to use the I-9 Documentation Dashboard to access this information.
To access the I-9 Documentation Dashboard:
- Click WorkSpaces.
- Under your organization's name, click Administrator.
- The Administrator WorkSpace or HOME tab will appear. Click I-9 Documentation.
- A list of Team Members will appear. The status for each individual will display on the right.
- You can search for a Team Members by name or use Filters to narrow down your search.
- Use the I-9 Status filter for Reverification Due.
- The Team Member's status will display on the right and appear with Reverification Due.
- Click Actions. Click Opt-Out of Reverification.
- The Opt-Out window will display.
- Enter the date for Next Reverification Due Date or click Not Applicable.
- Click Submit or Submit and Go To Documents Tab for a quick transition to the Documents tab to upload a copy of the signed I-9 on paper.
- USCIS Website on Reverification
- PeopleMatter: Managers: How do I Reverify an Expiring Document on an I-9?
- PeopleMatter: Managers: How do I use the I-9 Documentation Dashboard?
- PeopleMatter: How do I Upload a Document for an Applicant/Candidate/Team Member?
- PeopleMatter: Managers: How do I Upload I-9 Documentation using Document Fast Capture on the Mobile App? (video)