Administrators can identify three possibilities for why a manager cannot rehire a Team Member.
- A Custom Store Manger (CSM) can be restricted from doing this.
- A Business Unit Admin (BUA) cannot rehire someone set as ineligible for rehire.
- The setting for rehires could be completely turned off.
1. Check the Custom Store Manager's Settings:
If your organization is using the Custom Store Manager role, ensure it is set up to allow for rehire.
- Click Settings → Select your organization → Company Settings/User Roles.
- Click Custom Store Manager from the list of roles.
- In the list of settings, ensure Rehire is checked.
- Click Save.
Check the individual's Administrative Role:
- Click Settings. ? Select your organization. ? Company Settings/Team Members.
- Find the individual's name on your list of Team Members. The Administrative Role will be listed.
- You can click on the individual's name to update their role, if needed.
2. A Business Unit Admin (BUA) cannot rehire someone set as ineligible for rehire.
- If the individual was marked as "ineligible for rehire" and the Manager is a Business Unit Admin (BUA), the Manager will not be able to rehire the individual. This is seen on the Work Info tab in the Team Member's record.
3. The setting for rehires could be completely turned off.
- If the Primary Administrator or Financial Administrator cannot perform the rehire workflow, the setting is likely turned off completely for your organization. If this is the case, contact PeopleMatter Support for additional assistance to turn on this setting.
- PeopleMatter: Managers: How do I Rehire a Team Member? (video)
- PeopleMatter: Administrators: How do I Configure the Custom Store Manager Role?