When the Social Security Administration sends the I-9 back to the employee for corrections, it will not specify what information needs to be corrected.
However, as an Administrator, you can review the information the employee provided.
- Click E-Verify Cases.
- Search for the employee by name. A status will appear on the right.
- Click the button called Actions. Select View Case Details.
- View the information entered by the employee in Section 1 of I-9. Review the information with the employee to make sure it is correct.
Common mistakes include:
- First Name or Last Name in the "other names used" field.
- Suggest they put N/A in "other names used."
- Accents in their First Name or Last Name.
- Suggest they exclude accents from their names.
Please sign in to leave a comment.