What is a Duplicate Case?
- The Duplicate Case notification warns the Administrator or Manager that an E-Verify case has previously been initiated for this employee.
- This is not an error.
- This must be managed by the Administrator or Manager.
- This status appears once the I-9 is completed and submitted to E-Verify. The administrator will see the following message:
To manage a Duplicate Case:
- Click Actions.
- There are four options:
- View Duplicates
- View & Edit Duplicate Case Details
- Continue With Duplicate Case
- Close Case
Option 1: View Duplicates
- Click View Duplicates.
- PeopleMatter will present the status, case number, date initiated, SSN, hire date, and who the duplicate case was initiated by.
- Click OK.
Option 2: View & Edit Case Details
- Click View & Edit Case Details.
- PeopleMatter will display the information included in the original case.
- Take one of the following actions:
- Send to Employee, if information needs to be updated
- Continue, if information is correct
- Close Case, if information is not correct and cannot be updated
- Close Case, if created in error or no longer needed
Option 3: Continue with Duplicate Case
- Click Continue with Duplicate Case.
- PeopleMatter will allow the administrator to continue through the E-Verify process with the duplicate case. The administrator will need to select the appropriate response as to why they are creating the duplicate case.
- Click Continue or Close Case.
Option 4: Close Case
- Click Close Case.
- If you see that the status is now Pending, refresh your page to see an updated status.
- Take appropriate action.