PeopleMatter is proud to offer an integrated E-Verify solution at no additional cost. This feature allows your team to seamlessly complete I-9s and then immediately submit to E-Verify.
Please note the following:
- As an E-Verify Employer Agent, PeopleMatter serves as a process intermediary. Your company must still abide by all applicable E-Verify rules and regulations, but PeopleMatter now makes it easy to use E-Verify directly from within HIRE. Instead of enrolling directly with the Department of Homeland Security, PeopleMatter will enrol your company under its E-Verify Employer Agent account.
- Part of this process requires you to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with PeopleMatter and the Department of Homeland Security. You will receive a pre-filled MOU in a separate email that will allow you to electronically sign the document. Once PeopleMatter receives the signed MOU, we will contact you to discuss the timing for when we will enable the service within the PeopleMatter platform. We will handle the communication with the USCIS/E-Verify to ensure your company is registered and approved.
- What is an MOU? The memorandum of understanding (MOU) is the legal document describing the agreement between the Department of Homeland Security and the business requesting participation in E-Verify. It is a simple statement of shared and agreed upon responsibilities for participation in this government program. Before successfully enrolling in E-Verify, the employer and PeopleMatter must agree to the terms of the MOU and electronically sign the document. The document will then be electronically signed by the Department of Homeland Security. Employers should print a copy of the MOU for their records.
Complete these steps to begin the E-Verify Set-Up Process:
- Client completes the E-Verify Questionnaire to request E-Verify.
- PeopleMatter will submit the Client's information to E-Verify within 72 hours of receiving the request.
- E-Verify will send the Client the completed MOU for their signature. The Client will need to sign and return the document directly to E-Verify.
- PeopleMatter will enable your site for E-Verify and communicate with you regarding the next steps:
E-Verify: Administrator Opt-In to E-Verify (Part 2)
Please do not attempt to submit any E-Verify cases until all of the steps above have been completed.
Please review this important additional information:
Please sign in to leave a comment.