In Activity-Based Scheduling, users are able to confirm employees' hours worked via a time and attendance integration. This is part of the core Activity-Based Scheduling functionality. Colour coded T&A statuses indicate if users have outstanding T&A actions to complete.
Time & Attendance Functionality
Time and attendance data is displayed by day on the Schedule page.
The Review T&A button has multiple states and based on the colour of the button, will indicate if there is any data and if it requires action:
- Disabled (greyed out) – No clock data
- Amber – Some clock data requires action
- Green – No action required
Fig.1 – Three states of the ‘Review T&A’ button
Fig.2 – Example amber Review T&A button
- From the Schedule page, select Review T&A
Fig.3 – Time & Attendance pop-up
The time and attendance pop-up will be displayed. The data shown is for the day which is currently being viewed:
Staff – Employee name
Personal No – Employee’s personal number
Forecast – Forecast shifts must be scheduled at least 1 day before that shift date. Any shifts created on that day or after are not considered forecast shifts
Clock Times – Time and attendance data for the employee - Click clock times to view break records.
Actual – Actual shift times for the employee
Shift Type – Icon indicating if the shift is cross business days
Actions - Confirm clock times – if there is a complete set of valid time and attendance data for the employee, confirm the clock times with the following options:
- Confirm Clock Times – selecting this will trigger a 5-second countdown timer to “undo” the action (see Fig.4). If an error is made modifying the employee’s shift time before the day is actualized, selecting Undo will re-open the T&A data
- Keep Schedule Times - if there is partial data or no data then the employee’s forecasted schedule times can be kept
- Manually Enter Times – if there are invalid clock data shift times for the employee can be manually entered. A maximum of 2 shift records can be entered – see Fig.5. Shift notes and/or an additional shift can be added by selecting the relevant button
- Ignore these shifts – if there are clock times but no forecast shift, the clock data can be ignored
Fig.4 - Confirming Clock Times
Fig.5 – Manually entering times
- When all actions are complete, close the pop-up with the X in the top-right corner
Fig.6 – Closing T&A pop-up
The Review T&A button will then change to a ‘Green’ state.
Please sign in to leave a comment.