Recipe and Menu Engineering provides a wide range of administrative tools and functionality that allows users to configure the system in a way that suits them best. This article will provide guidance on using the options available within the admin tab.
For a list of all Recipe and Menu Engineering articles, please visit:P2P&I - Recipe and Menu Engineering: Article Contents Page.
The admin tab
- Select the admin tab
The drop-down menu in the top-left corner can be used to select a number of different admin options. By default 'My Profile' will display, as shown in Fig.1.
- To make any changes to the user profile, use the Edit button
- Make required changes (including uploading an image for the user profile) and then Save
Please note - images should be kept to a small size - 400px width is recommended.
Fig.1 - My Profile on the admin tab, with other options available in the drop-down menu
If any records are saved publicly and subject to approval (see P2P&I - Recipe and Menu Engineering: Saving Records), messages elating to them can be viewed in the Messages section of the admin tab.
- Select Messages from the drop-down menu in the top-left corner
Fig.2 - Messages section, with an unread message
Messages are displayed in the results pane, with unread ones indicated by a closed envelope icon.
- Select a message from the Results pane to see its contents
Categories can be created for a variety of different Ingredients, Recipes and Menus. For example. Ingredient categories could be 'Vegetables', 'Seafood', 'Herbs', etc.
- Select Categories from the top-left drop-down menu
Any existing categories will display in the Results pane on the left side.
- Select New
Fig.3 - Existing categories, and the New button
- Enter a Category Type Name, Description, and Smart Category Type
- Select Applies to and Required fields
Applying a category to a section allows the designation of where the category is to be applicable. For example there may be a need for a Recipe category for all Italian Recipes.
Smart categories can be used to make sub-categories within a category. For example if the category is fruit, a sub-category could be listed as 'Fruit - Citrus'.
Depending on user permissions, it is possible for users to maintain a list of Suppliers. These can include ‘informal’ suppliers e.g. local market, wholesaler or butcher. These suppliers can then be selected from the Supplier drop-down when creating ingredients or supplied dishes. Suppliers are created in the Admin section.
- Select Suppliers from the top-left drop-down menu
The screen will refresh to display the available suppliers in the Results pane.
- To add a new supplier select the New button
Fig.4 - Existing suppliers and the New button
- Add details as required for the supplier and select Save once complete
Fig.5 - Adding details for a new supplier