Employee hours should be updated regularly in the system to ensure accuracy. Once hours have been amended for a week, they will need to be sent to payroll. This article explains how to manually update and complete actual hours.
For a list of all available Advanced Scheduling articles, please visit: WFM - Advanced Scheduling: Getting Started
- From the homepage, select the Schedule tab
- Users with access to more than one, need to select the required location from the drop-down before the Schedule tab becomes available
This will display the current week's schedule.
Fig.1. The Schedule tab
To enter actual hours for an employee their forecast hours need to be updated to reflect their actual working hours.
- Select the shift that needs to be amended
Once selected, the forecast time displays, along with the job role and any break times.
- Update hours by inputting the actual hours worked and overriding the forecast time
- Ensure that the Job Role and Break times are still correct
- Select Save when finished
Fig.2 - Updating an employee's forecast hours
If an employee worked when they were originally not scheduled, it is important that these hours are added:
- Select the day for that employee and enter the shift times as normal
- Likewise, if an employee did not work when originally scheduled, these hours should be removed by selecting the shift and then the Delete button
- Once all hours are confirmed, select the Actual (Act) tick box to mark the day as complete
Fig.3 - Schedule with completed hours (Act boxes all ticked)
This only has to be done once a day. This updates all divisions and allows the user to submit to payroll once all seven days have been completed.
Once a day has been ticked it cannot be un-ticked. However, amendments can be made during the week before the schedule has been submitted to payroll, dependent on the user’s access level.
End of Week Submission
Once all Actual tick boxes have been selected and the schedule is approved, it can be submitted to payroll.
- Ensure that actual sales have pulled through from the EPOS. Sales figures showing in purple along the top of the schedule confirm this. If sales have not pulled through, contact the EPOS provider
Amendments can be made during the week before the schedule has been submitted to payroll.
Once the schedule has been submitted to payroll, no further changes can be made to the schedule for that week.
Once Submit has been selected, a processing message will be displayed whilst the system is running checks for discrepancies. When this processing message is displayed the schedule cannot be edited and no other actions on that week’s schedule can be run.
When the schedule submission process is completed, the status of the Schedule in Advanced Scheduling will update to reflect the submission.
Fig.4 - A submitted schedule
If there is a discrepancy with employee data between the two modules, a detailed error message will be generated. Where possible the message will contain information on how to resolve the issue.
- Once resolved, resubmit the schedule
- Contact the Company Payroll Department as soon as possible if the issues cannot be resolved