Tips & Service Charge Distribution
Tips and service charge can be saved within the Schedule tab against current employees who are eligible for such payments.
For a list of all Scheduling articles, please visit: WFM UK: Revenue-Based Scheduling: Getting Started
- Go to the Schedule tab
- Select Manage Payments from the Manage drop-down
Fig.1 - Selecting Manage Payments
The tips and service charge totals will populate automatically. Any employees eligible for tips and/or service charge will be editable. Employees eligible for tips will appear with an entry box. Next to the enter box will be a 2 character symbol, this relates to the employees' Role worked for that day. When hovering over the symbol the shift worked will appear.
- Ensure Tips and Service Charge are processed against the correct shift worked that day for correct Tronc allocation
- Enter amounts in the fields provided, as shown in Fig.2
Fig.2 - Fields for entering Tips and Service Charge on the Manage Payments Screen
Once the correct total amounts have been entered and match the total for all the employees for that day, it will update to green.
All 7 days must be green by the end of the week for successful submission.
Unassigned Additional Payments
Additional functionality can be enabled (please liaise with your Fourth contact) that will display any unassigned tips for a location. Any unassigned employee tips will be displayed in the Manage Payments page. Tips which have been sent for employees who are not recorded at that location will also be displayed in the Manage Payments page.
A warning message will be displayed in the Schedule page in Scheduling for the following scenarios:
- Additional Payments have been posted for an employee who doesn’t have a shift scheduled for that day
- Additional Payments have been posted for an employee who doesn’t have valid employment at that location
- Additional Payments have been posted for an employee but the Additional Payment type is invalid
- Additional Payments have been posted for an employee with an invalid employee ID
Fig.3 - Schedule page warning box
The example in Fig.4 below shows where an employee has no valid shifts for the days where additional payments have tried to be processed for the employee. Shifts will need to be added for the employee and the additional payments will then be assigned to them. The tooltips will give further detail indicating which Expense Type and the value.
Fig.4 - Manage Payments page – Additional Payments cannot link to shift
The example in Fig.5 below is where additional payments have been posted but there is no valid employee at that location.
Fig.5 - Manage Payments page – Additional Payments cannot link to shift – Invalid Employee ID
Total Distributed Staff Expenses
There is a setting which, if enabled, will display a row in the Manage Payments page that shows the total distributed staff expenses (tips). This allows users to see the total sum of tips that have been allocated versus the total sum of tips which can be distributed to employees.
An organisation setting called Display Distributed Staff Expenses? will need to be enabled by a system admin.
- Go to Settings > Organisations
- Tick the box against Display Distributed Staff Expenses?
Fig.6 - Organisation Setting
- With the setting enabled, go to Schedule > Manage > Manage Payments
Fig.7 - Distributed Total row