When a new Location is created within Fourth's HR & Payroll product (formerly known as People System), it can then be configured for use within Labour Productivity/Advanced Schedules. This article provides guidance on the configuration options that are available.
The instructions given need to be carried out by a System Administrator who has the 'Permissions Updates' user-level. Please liaise with your Fourth contact to have this enabled.
For a list of all Labour Productivity articles, please visit: WFM - Labour Productivity: Article Contents Page.
After a new Location has been created (see WFM - Creating a Location for more information), the following steps can be taken:
- Log in to Labour Productivity and use the Select Department... drop-down
- Search for and select the required Location
Fig.1 - Using the Select Department... drop-down
- Go to the SETTINGS tab
See the two menu options Locations and Departments options on the left-side menu.
Fig.2 - Settings tab with Location and Department options highlighted
Please note: 'Divisions', as they are referred to in HR & Payroll, are known as 'Departments' in Advanced Schedules and Labour Productivity.
- Select Locations from the left-side menu
- Select Edit against the required Location
Fig.3 - Edit Location screen, non-editable fields highlighted
There are several fields which are not editable - they are greyed out (see Fig.3). These fields can however be updated in HR & Payroll. See the steps below.
Fields displayed on the Edit Location page are:
- Name: Location name, taken directly from HR & Payroll
- Code: Accounting system code, taken directly from HR & Payroll
- Postcode: Postcode of the Location (used to populate weather forecasting), taken directly from HR & Payroll
- T&A ID: Time and Attendance ID from POS or T&A Clock. Enter the code as required. If Time and Attendance is not in use this field can be left blank
- Publish Shifts Enabled: If Publish Shifts are enabled for the organisation, please tick the box. This setting can be configured by each Location
- Open Shifts Enabled: If Open Shifts are enabled for the organisation, please tick the box. This setting can be configured by each Location
- Schedule departments as one: Tick this box to see just the one Location in the Select Department... drop-down in the top-right corner of all Advanced Schedules/Labour Productivity pages. Un-tick the box to make all Divisions available from the drop-down.
Please note: Referring to other existing Locations' configuration is a good way to ensure the settings being entered are correct and consistent.
Updating Fields in HR & Payroll
- Log in to HR and Payroll and go to HR > Company Admin > Locations
- Select the required Location from the list
- Updated required fields and select Save
Similarly to Locations, Department settings can also be viewed and updated.
- In Labour Productivity, select Departments from the left-side menu
- Select Edit against the required Department
Fig.4 - Edit Department screen, non-editable fields highlighted
Fields displayed on the Edit Department page are:
- Department Name - Taken directly from HR & Payroll
- Location - Taken directly from HR & Payroll
- Department Code - Taken directly from HR & Payroll
- EPOS ID - The EPOS provider ID used for sending sales data, and is the unique ID used for loading sales/wage budgets for this Department
- T&A Enabled - If the Department uses Time & Attendance, this setting will display the T&A clocks in the Schedule page
- Use Sales Type Grouping – Can be applied if the organisation uses Sales Type Grouping (please see below)
- Alphabetic Staff Sorting – Displays employees in alphabetical order and prevents moving their order in the Schedule page
If the Location setting: Schedule Departments as one is selected, only the first Department of each Location requires configuration.
Please note: Referring to other existing Departments' configuration is a good way to ensure the settings being entered are correct and consistent.
Sales Type Grouping
If Sales Type Grouping is in use, Sales Type Groups must be created.
- Log in to Labour Productivity use the Select Department... drop-down in the top-right corner
- Search for and select the required Location (likely to have been recently created in HR & Payroll)
- Go to the Settings tab and select Sales Types from the left-side menu
Fig.5 - Selecting Sales Types from the Settings tab
If the 'Sales Type Group' column has values in it (as per Fig.6), this confirms that Sales Type Grouping is in use.
Fig.6 - 'Sales Type Group' column
- To create Sales Type Groups, select Sales Types > Sales Types Groups from the left-side menu
- Then select Create New
Fig.7 - 'Create New' button for Sales Type Groups
- Create a new Sales Type Group, using naming conventions from an existing Location
- Select Save once complete
- Then select Sales Types from the left-side menu and select Edit against the required Sales Type
- Use the Sales Type Group drop-down to link the Sales Type to the required Sales Type Group
Fig.8 - Linking a Sales Type to a Sales Type Group
If Sales Type Grouping is not in use please ensure Sales Type naming conventions are accurate, as this will prevent sales being loaded via a POS provider.
As before, referring to existing Locations' configuration is a useful way to ensure the settings being used are correct and consistent.
Once all of the above tasks have been completed please go to the Fourth Customer Community and create a case, using the template below.
Customer Name XXXXX
Please enable LP for Location XXXXXXX by DD/MM/YYYY
Please configure My Schedules for Location XXXXXX by DD/MM/YYYY
Multiple Locations can be sent in one request.
Should you have any queries please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or Customer Care Team.