How to Create Training Areas
Training Areas need to be set up so that training courses that employees have attended can be recorded in the correct place.
- Log into Fourth’s People & Payroll solution, and from the Main Menu select the HR module
Fig.1 - Selecting HR Module from the Main Menu
- From the Administration drop-down select Training Areas
- This will open up a list of all the training areas currently on the site:
Fig. 3 - Training areas
- If the training area, that the course is applicable to, is not there select ‘Create Training Area’.
Fig. 4 - Create training area link
- Here enter the title of the training area e.g. Food & Hygiene or First Aid.
Fig. 5 - Training description
- Then click ‘Save’.
Fig. 6 - Save button
- Once saved the new training area will appear in the list on the screen, this list corresponds to the drop down list which managers can select from, when creating individual training courses for their employees to attend.
Fig. 7 - Training list
- This is the screen a manager will see when adding a ‘Training Course’ to an employee’s HR record. Each course created needs to fall under one of the ‘Training Areas’ created.
Fig. 8 - Training drop down - manager view
- Training Areas can be deleted from the site if they are not being used. Go in via the administration drop down and tick the box next to the relevant area, then click on ‘Delete’.