Creating a Location
Locations are created within the HR Module. Employees will be assigned to a Location that feeds through to the other modules, i.e. Payroll and Rotas, to ensure that hours and payslips are correct.
- Select HR > Company Admin > Locations from the burger menu and then Create Location from the right-hand corner of the page
Fig.1 - The Create Location screen
- Each field needs to be completed:
- Description - The name of the location which will appear within an employee’s record and on the rota
- Address for the location
- Postcode for the location
- Other fields that can be completed:
- Location Code Prefix for accounting purposes
- Hide Tronc Rate From Employment Details Screen? - This hides the option to enter a tronc rate on the Employment Details screen for new employees and existing employees
- Use Location in Labour Productivity? - This enables the location in Labour Productivity or Advanced Schedules
- Enable Fourth Account Service - This enables the location in the Fourth app
- Display Rota tab within ESS? - This enables visibility of the Rota tab for employees within the ESS section of the Fourth app
- Display Holiday tab within ESS? - This enables visibility of the Holiday tab for employees within the ESS section of the Fourth app
- Show Employee Health Status on Rota? - This enables visibility of the Health Status for managers on the rota
- Accounting System Code – This is used if sales to be sent to Fourth by FTP. Within the FTP folder, the sales will be split by the accounting system code. This code will also be used for splitting the costs within the nominal ledger export. There is no rule for this code - it can be any sequence of numbers and letters
If for any reason the Location Accounting System code needs to be changed and Fourth Analytics is also in use, please raise a case through the Customer Community or contact Fourth Analytics support to identify any risks first. Fourth Analytics uses the accounting system code in some of its reporting
- Opening Date – This will be the first week the site opened. It can be backdated if the site was open before the company began using Fourth. Alternatively, it can be left blank.
- Is Non-Payroll Location? - Should be ticked when this location does not use Fourth's Payroll. If ticked, employees cannot be transferred within the employment details. They would need to be terminated and then rehired
- Included in Analytics? - This can be selected if the location should not be included in Fourth Analytics reporting.
Fig.2 - Group Location screen
- Group Location - Make a selection from the drop-down
The options under Group Location will be set up as a User Defined Group which is done in the Global Settings.
Please see the article How to: Set Up User Defined Groups for more information.
- Once all of the above has been completed, the Save button must be used
Next, divisions need to be assigned to the location.
Fig.3 - Assigning Divisions screen
- Relevant Divisions need to be assigned to the Location by selecting the Division Name, and then the single arrow. For all divisions use the double arrow.
- Select Save as shown in Fig 3.
Assign PAYE Company
Fig.4 - Assign PAYE Companies
- The same approach needs to be taken when assigning the PAYE Company. Move the relevant company for this location over to the Assigned section using the arrow button.
- Save changes to move forward to the next step
At the bottom of the Edit Location screen, there are a number of buttons. Each of these leads to extra settings that must also be completed before the Location can be fully set up. These buttons are indicated in Fig.5 and are listed below with further explanation.
Fig.5 - Edit Location Screen
Lieu Day Settings
- Lieu Type can be either days or hours
- Do Lieu Days/Hours Expire Expire? and Are Negative Lieu Days/Hours Allowed? are options that will need to be discussed and agreed internally within the business
- Save changes
Assigning Job Titles
- Use the arrow buttons to assign Job Titles to the location
- Save changes
Assigning Shift Types
- Use the arrow buttons to assign shift types to the location
- Save changes
Editing Holiday Settings
- The Holiday Year End Date can be configured here if locations have different end dates