This article contains common troubleshooting issues and how they can be resolved when accessing P60s.
Blank P60 when Downloaded from ESS
If an employee is able to see their P60 in ESS and download it, but the P60 shows only zero figures, this could be as a result of the employee not having a national insurance number entered in their personal details in the People System.
If they have a national insurance number, this will need to be entered in the People system.
- Once this has been entered, the employee will have to download the P60 from the app again
Blank P60 in ESS
This issue may be due to the user's device settings. Sometimes the device does not think the document is secure and is blocking the content. This tends to be quite common on iOS devices.
- Users can download the P60 to their phone, and see if the downloaded version contains the relevant information
- Log in to secure.fourth.com via their desktop instead
Alternatively, a copy of the P60 can be downloaded from the portal and can be passed onto the employee should they require it urgently:
- Select Payroll > Year End > Year End > select the previous Tax Year > select the Company > select Setup
Fig.1 - Accessing a P60 from the portal
- Find the employee > View PDF
Fig.2 - Downloading a P60 from the portal
Server 500 Error
If the incorrect tax year is selected, a Server 500 Error will pop up. If this happens, please make sure the correct tax year is selected for the relevant P60.
Please sign in to leave a comment.