When employee records are created they will be attached to the main house pay PAYE. To attach employees to another pay basis, which is on a separate PAYE, the user must create a second Pay & Tax Details record.
This article will detail how to set up the second Pay & Tax Details record.
Setting up Second Pay & Tax Details record
- Go to the employee record in the Payroll Module - select Payroll Module > Employees > Employee List > search for and select the employee
- Go to Employee Payroll Info > Pay & Tax Details List
Fig.1 - Bringing up employee Pay & Tax Details
The employee will already have a primary Pay & Tax Details record.
Fig.2 - Employee's primary Pay & Tax Details
- Select Create New Pay & Tax Details
Complete the following:
- Company: Change from main PAYE to the PAYE that is wanted
- Pay Basis: Change to the Pay basis that is wanted
- Week 1 Month 1: Tick the box
- NI Category: Standard category for age range/circumstances.
- Tax Code: BR
- Delivery Method: ESS (or as per Primary Pay & Tax Details)
- P45 Delivery Method: ESS (or as per Primary Pay & Tax Details)
- Select Save
Fig.3 - Setting up a secondary pay basis
When looking at the Pay & Tax Details list, the employee will now have a primary Pay & Tax Details record for the house pay basis, and a secondary Pay & Tax Details record for the other pay basis.
Fig.4 - Employee's secondary pay basis complete
The employee will now appear on both the main house pay payroll and the other payroll.
Things to consider:
- The employee will need to be set up with BR Week 1/Month 1 tax code for the new pay basis
- If there is an error message when trying to save the new Pay & Tax Details screen regarding ‘Attached with Form’, select Save again to override
- If there is an error message when trying to save the new Pay & Tax Details screen regarding NI Categories, amend the NI category as advised and Save again