During the application review stage or the offer stage within the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), it may have been decided that a candidate is better suited to an alternative role, or lives closer to an alternative location. Rather than getting the candidate to repeat the entire process, it’s possible to change their role or location.
Change the Role or Location
At the ‘Application Review’ stage, the bulk action icon (the tick box, as highlighted in fig.1) can be used to move a candidate to a different role or location.
- Select the bulk action icon (highlighted tick box, as shown in fig.1)
- At the bottom of the page, select Change Role or Change Location from the drop-down menu
Fig.1 – Selecting a change of role or location
- Select the arrow icon as shown in fig.2
Fig.2 – Selecting the arrow icon
- Select a Role or Location from the drop-down menu
- Select Confirm
Fig.3 – Change role or location
Alternatively, the location or role can be changed at the ‘Offer Position’ stage within ATS. There is a drop-down option available (as shown in fig.4) that allows the hiring manager to select what aspect of the application they wish to change.
Fig.4 – Change role or location from ‘Offer Position’ stage
Depending on what option is selected (role/location) – a list will appear within the drop-down, showing all available options.
- Change Role – The list will only show all other applicable open vacancies for the location in question. To offer a role that isn’t available on the list, an open vacancy must be created for said role. If there is no longer a need for additional applications for this role, use the private vacancy functionality
- Change Location – The list of locations available corresponds with other locations that have an open vacancy for the role in question, in regards to the application. To offer a location that isn’t available on the list, an open vacancy must be created for the same role at the desired location. If there is no longer a need for additional applications for this role, use the private vacancy functionality
Changing Other Details
Circumstances may dictate that an offer that has already been placed and/or accepted, and needs to be changed. This isn’t currently an option for the hiring manager. However, the Fourth Technical Support team can assist.
- Raise a ticket via the Customer Community here. The team will be able to move the application back to a stage in which the offer process can be repeated again, but with amended details