In Purchasing & Inventory (formerly known as Adaco), there are two types of Outlets, Location-based and Category-based. Each allows for different ways of maintaining Order Guide and Inventory Sheet sequencing of items for both Products and Recipes. In the mobile Counting app there is no such distinction, but both require a concept of Areas.
Enabling Mobile Counting in Purchasing & Inventory
- Go to Property > Administration > Property Preferences > Inventory
- Tick the option Enable Stock Count App
Enabling this option will ensure that products, Locations, users, etc., are sent to the appropriate services.
Fig.1 – Enable mobile counting in P&I
User Access in Purchasing & Inventory for Mobile Counting
In order to see the Counting App button within the Fourth Platform/App, a user must have access to the Enter Physical Inventory permission. For more information on this, please see the following article - Purchasing & Inventory - Changing Inventory Access Rights in User Groups
Configuring Outlets in Purchasing & Inventory for Mobile Counting
There are two options in the Outlet master screen for defining the logic of the Outlet Guide sequence and maintenance:
- Within Inventory > Maintain Guides, all items will be listed according to the defined sequence, per Location
- Each Location within Purchasing & Inventory will automatically populate in the Mobile Counting App as an Area with the items listed
- Within Inventory > Maintain Guides, all items will be listed by Category, then SubCategory (alphabetically)
- There will be no ‘Areas’ in the Mobile Counting App by default, so at least one will need to be created when logging in for the first time and populated during the first count
Fig.2 – Configuring Outlets in P&I
Please Note: In order for products and/or recipes to be visible in the Counting App, they must be assigned to a Segment/Category/SubCategory within the core Purchasing & Inventory application.
More information regarding Maintain Guides can be found here:
and further here: