The TrustID Fourth Cloud app will allow Right to Work (RTW) checks using the Home Office’s online right to work checking service, under the EU Settlement Scheme.
There will be no change to RTW checks until 1st January 2021 and retrospective checks on existing EU employees will not be required. For more information, search 'right to work' on GOV.UK.
EU Settlement Scheme guidance can be found at https://www.gov.uk/eusettlementscheme, or find an EU Settlement Scheme employer toolkit here: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/eu-settlement-scheme-employer-toolkit
Release date: 18th September 2020
Reason for the Change
Previously, the TrustID app did not allow the use of the Online Share code available to job applicants or current employees under the EU Settlement Scheme. This has now become available as an alternative option to other personal documentation such as a passport or a resident permit, which can be used to carry out a RTW check via the TrustID app.
All ATS customers using TrustID.
TrustID has added an additional option in the ‘Document’ section which allows managers to enter the online share code to carry out RTW checks.
- Enter Online Shared Code can be selected if applicable
Fig.1 - Enter Online Share Code option
- Then add the date of birth and share code of the applicant or current employee
Fig.2 – Entering Date of Birth and Share Code
Once submitted the screen will reload, displaying a profile image of the candidate.
- Select Yes or No to confirm that the image matches the candidate or the current employee
Fig.3 - Confirming the profile image
- Add more documents if required or select Skip to move on to the next stage
Fig.4 - Adding additional documents or skipping to the next step
- Select Finish Upload Document, which submits the check to TrustID
Fig.5 - Finishing uploading documents
No other changes have been made on how to conduct the right to work check. An Article on this can be found here: WFM - Conducting a Right to Work Check within the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) using the TrustID App
- Please communicate the changes to TrustID to the relevant users of the app to ensure there is no confusion around how RTW checks are completed using an Online Share Code