Sales Split Rules are used to split a single sales file from a Unit to feed to separate stock locations. For example, if a Dublin stock unit contains separate stock locations for the Kitchen and Bar areas, then the Sales Split Rules would need to be applied for the system to assign the correct sales within the file to the correct stock locations.
For Split Rules to be set in an Inventory portal, a combination of Global Settings and User Permissions will need to be applied. For this to be enabled on a portal, please contact the Customer Care Team who will arrange for a consultant to assist.
Please Note: Split rules cannot be applied to a sales import format of FTP. Please check the sales import format before requesting.
Setting Rules per Stock Location
- Go to Setup > All Options > Sales Import Rules > select the Stock Location which is to have rules set against it
Fig.1 - Sales Import Rules
Rules can be set against four areas of a sales file:
- Location, Revenue Centre, Category Code and Group
- Please check with your EPOS provider which areas are being submitted within the sales file to ensure that the correct configuration is applied
- These areas can be set using 3 sets of logic: Equal To, Contains and Not equal to
- For the sales file to reach the correct site on import, the Location rule must be applied, see Fig.2
Please Note: The Location ID must match that of the sales file.
The Location Rule may be applied to more than one stock location, as a single file is generated from a single unit.
- Other rules are then used to split down the file in each stock location by using the Group, Category or Revenue Be careful not to apply the same combination of rules to multiple stock locations in order to avoid the same sales being sent
If any Revenue centers, Categories, or Groups contained within a sales file are not mapped to the stock location then sales attributed to these will not be imported
Fig.2 - Setting a Location Rule
- The Check Value rules must be set exact to how they appear in the sales file
For example, a Category code for takeaway products appears on the sales file as T_Away. The category rule set on this occasion would be Category > Equal To > T_Away. See Fig.3
Fig.3 - Setting a Category Rule
- For sales rules entered to be applied to the stock location, the Enable Rules box must be ticked, see Fig.4
Fig.4 - Enable Rules Tick Box
Please Note: For Sales Import Rules to apply, any previous Site codes set per stock location within the Organisation Hierarchy must be amended to be different to those within the sales file.
To do so:
- Go to Setup > All Options > Org Hierarchy > Stock Location > Edit > Site Code, see Fig.5
Fig.5 - Changing Site Code for Split Rules