Displaying of contracted hours in Labour Productivity.
Release date: Thursday 10th September
Reason for the Change
To make employees’ contracted hours easily visible and highlight whether scheduled hours are under, over, or match the contracted hours.
The new functionality will be for UK HR & Payroll customers – only those using contracted hours.
There is a new Organisation Level setting which can be enabled by Admin users.
- Go to Settings > Organisations > select edit against the required Organisation
- Scroll down and tick the box - Display Contracted Hours
- Select Save
Fig.1 – ‘Display Contracted Hours’ Organisation Setting
When the setting is enabled, employees’ contracted hours (entered in the Employment page in the HR module) are displayed in the Labour Productivity Schedule page – see Fig.2.
The colour-coded Contracted Hours icon displays the number of contracted hours for the employee.
- Green if scheduled hours for the employee match their contracted hours
- Red if scheduled hours are less than their contracted hours
- Amber if scheduled hours for the employee exceed their contracted hours
These statuses are based on the total hours that an employee works in all Locations within the portal.
Fig.2 – Contracted Hours on the Schedule page
- Hover the cursor over the Contracted Hours icons to see a tooltip that displays the employee’s scheduled hours from all locations
The tooltip will provide the following information:
o If the hours are above, under, or match contracted hours
o Show the Locations where the employee has shifts scheduled
o The sum of the total hours that the employee has scheduled in all Locations
If shifts are updated in the Department currently being viewed, they will dynamically update the tooltip and the contracted hours state. However, if employees’ shifts are updated in other Locations then the Schedule page will need to be refreshed to display the most up-to-date state of employees’ contracted hours.
Fig.3 – Contracted hours tooltip