This article describes the process of archiving Recipes and Ingredients from the inventory in FnB.
Before Archiving a Recipe
Before a Recipe can be archived, it needs to be removed from the site’s EPOS tills and sales of the recipe.
Removing Recipes from Site
To remove a recipe from a Site:
- Go to Recipe and Menu Engineering (RME – formerly known as Starchef)
- Find the Recipe which is to be archived
- Use the Search box if required
- Type – Recipe type
- Filter on – Category, e.g. food/drinks
- Values – Categories for Recipes, e.g. starters, mains, sides
Fig.1 – Search Options
- Select the FnB Actions drop-down menu in the Product Details toolbar
Fig.2 – FnB Actions within the Product Details Toolbar
- Select Remove Recipe from Site
A pop-up window will display.
- Expand the organizational structure to list all Sites and stock locations
If it is not possible to archive a Recipe from a Site, then a ‘No Entry’ sign will display.
- Select the Sites from which the Recipe is to be archived from by selecting the relevant tick boxes
Fig.3 – Expanded Organisational Structure
- Select Step 2
A confirmation will display of the Sites from which the Recipe will be archived.
- If this information is correct, select Save
Fig.4 – Confirming Recipe Removal from Sites
Removing Recipes from Live Sets
Recipes also need to be removed from the published Live Sets. This will remove the Recipe from the Master Data.
- Select Edit from the Product toolbar
The ‘Product Overview’ page will display.
- Select the Publish To… option from the toolbar, this will display the publishing options
Fig.5 – Publishing Options
- Select the Type drop-down menu and select the Archive menu type
- Tick the box next to the Archive folder listed
This will move the Recipe into the archive set and remove it from the Master Data within RME.
Fig.6 – Adding a Recipe to the Archive Folder
- Once this is complete, Save the changes on the main Product window
Fig.7 – Saving Changes in the Main Product Window
The Recipe has now been archived.
Scheduling for Archive
It is also possible to schedule Recipes and Ingredients to be archived.
The Recipe will archive when it is not in use in any live Recipes.
To schedule a Recipe for archive:
- Select the required Recipe
- Select Edit from the Recipes main toolbar
Fig.8 – Edit Option
The next screen will display the Product details.
- Select Flag Options
The ‘Set Flags’ page will display.
Fig.9 – Set Flags Page
- Select the relevant flag type and add a flag expiry date
Please ensure that this date is in the future.
Fig.10 – Adding a Flag and Expiry Date
- Save within the pop-up window, then Save again in the main toolbar
A confirmation will display to show the item has been saved.
Fig.11 – Confirmation of Changes
Please Note: The use of Flags is controlled within the Database settings.
Each flag can be set up to a particular action and may be different for individual organisations. Flags can be set up by the Fourth administrator.
Fig.12 – Setting Up Flags within Database Settings
Removing a Recipe from the Archive
If the Recipe is to be used again, it can be removed from the archive and made ‘Live’.
To do so:
- Identify the Recipe to be made Live again
- Select Edit from the main toolbar and then Publish To…
- Select the Type drop-down menu and then Trial
Fig.13 – Publish Options
- Tick the Trial/Development Recipes
Fig.14 – Selecting Trial/Development Recipes
Please Note: Accessing the Archive set is permission based. If an individual is unable to access the Archive, it will display in red.
- Save on the main Recipe page
Fig.15 – Saving a Recipe
The Recipe will also need to be published to the different brands.
- In the Publish Options page, change the Type to Live
- Select the Brands which the Recipe is to be used in
Fig.16 – Selecting Brands to Attach the Recipe To
- Return to the Recipe page and Save
Attaching Recipes to Site
The Recipe also needs to be attached to Sites.
- Select the Publish to FnB tab
Fig.17 – Publish to FnB
In the pop-up window, expand the organisation tree.
Sites which are already using the Recipe will have a PLU number and a Retail Cost listed against the stock site.
Any Sites which are not using the Recipe will have a tick box next to the stock Location.
- Tick into the Sites which are to have the Recipe attached to
- Select Step 2
Fig.18 – Adding Recipes to Sites
PLU Numbers and Sales Prices need to be added or checked.
Fig.19 – PLU Numbers and Sales Prices
There are options to:
- Change PLU Numbers
- Change Sales Prices
- These can be updated for the Units or all Sites
- Select Step 3
- Review the details of Recipes and Sites, Save
Fig.20 – Details of Recipes Added to Sites
Archiving Ingredients – Making Products Unavailable
Before archiving an ingredient, it is good practice to make Products unavailable for ordering.
- From the Ingredient toolbar, select Internal Spec
Fig.21 – Internal Spec Tab
- Select Edit
It is now possible to amend the Date 1st delivery warehouse field.
Fig.22 – Editing Options within the Internal Spec Tab
- Use the Clear option to remove the date
- Use Select to add a new date
- Making the date in the future ensures that the Product is not available to order at a Site
Archiving Ingredients is a similar process to archiving Recipes, and it is possible to schedule Ingredients for archive.
Before archiving an Ingredient, it needs to be removed from Recipe(s). This can be done by:
- Editing the Recipe directly or
- Using the Replace in Recipe tool, found in Admin > Tools
The ingredient then needs to be removed from Sites.
- On the Ingredient toolbar, select the FnB Actions drop-down menu
- Select Remove all Ingredients from Sites
- Select Check All, then Next
Fig.23 – Selecting Sites for Ingredients to be Removed From
The next window will confirm which sites the Ingredients are to be removed from.
Please Note: The Product will be removed from Sites immediately unless it is:
- Part of a Live order
- In a stock count (until counted as 0)
- In a Recipe which has sales against it
- In a transfer – Site, Wastage or another account
Scheduling Ingredients for Archiving
Ingredients can also be scheduled for Archive.
When the Ingredient has no use, RME will archive the Product.
The process is similar to Recipes:
- Search for and select the required Ingredient
- Select Edit in the Ingredient toolbar
- Select Flag Options
- Select the required Flag Type and add a Flag expiry date
Fig.24 – Adding a Flag and Expiry Date
- Save and Save again on the main Ingredient screen