This guide is designed to support users loading non-calculated metric values to the Rota module, via an FTP folder. This article details the requirements needed for the file, and how to upload the files via Filezilla.
Completing the Upload File
- The metric file name must begin with the name Metrics (with an uppercase M) and end in .csv
- Anything can be entered between ‘Metrics’ and ‘.csv’, e.g. Metricsfourthhotel.csv
This must be unique and not match another metric in the portal, otherwise the data might be loaded to the wrong metric.
Must match the Location accounting system code.
Transaction Type ID:
1 = Budget
2 = Forecast
3 = Actual
Must be in the following format or the data load will fail: Date-Month-Year, e.g. 17-Jun-15.
Must be a numeric value and can contain decimal places, positives, negatives and ‘0’. Cannot contain £%$
Fig.1 – Example Metric Sample csv File
Preparing the Metric File to be Loaded via FTP
Once the metric file has been completed, it is recommended to save and open the file in Notepad in a .csv format in order to check that it matches the sample file, and to ensure that the date format is correct.
The upload file cannot contain more than 20,000 rows at once. If the document contains over 20,000 rows, the file will need to be split.
Once the file has been dropped into the FTP folder, it will disappear and will take approximately 15 minutes per file for the data to appear in the portal. Please always wait 15 minutes before loading additional files.
Accessing and Uploading the File via an FTP Folder
Credentials will be sent for an FTP folder depending on what was requested, and it will either be an SFTP or an FTP folder.
a. FTP address: ftp.fourth.com
b. SFTP address: sftp.fourth.com
c. Username: Enter credentials sent by the data team
d. Password: Sent separately
- Download Filezilla free
- Enter the address and credentials
Fig.2 - FileZilla Page
The file will display on the right hand side.
Fig.3 - Files Display
- Double-click on the Metrics file (alternatively titled import live)
- Search for the required file (please ensure it is a .csv file beginning with Metrics and drag it across to the right
- The file will disappear, please wait 15 minutes between dropping files
- Check the WFM Portal to view the data