This article shows how it is possible to regain access to Recipe & Menu Engineering (RME - formerly known as 'Starchef'), in the event a user has forgotten their username, password – or both.
If you log in through the Fourth app via single-sign-on (SSO) to access RME, please refer to Accessing Fourth's Solutions - Foruth Engage/Employee Self Service
If you have an RME account that is not accessed via SSO, an internal administrator for RME will be able to assist further if credentials have been forgotten or the reset options are not working.
Steps for an End User - Password Reset
On the login screen, select Forgotten your password?
Fig.1 - Forgotten your password? button
- Enter the relevant username and then select Reset
Fig.2 - Entering username and resetting
An email containing password reset details will then be sent to the user's associated email address.
If a user is unsure of what their username is, or an email has not been received – an internal administrator for RME should be contacted, who will be able to investigate the issue further.
Steps for an Internal Administrator
There are various reasons as to why a user is unable to reset their password. The incorrect username may be being entered, or the user's profile could be inactive.
- In the task bar, select Admin, and from the Select drop-down, select Users
A list of users will be displayed.
- Search for and select the required user
Fig.3 - Admin > Users - searching and selecting
- Verify the username and share directly with the user if required
- If any details need to be changed, select Edit
- If the account is not enabled, tick the box Account enabled
- If necessary, manually enter a new password
- Save any changes made
Fig.4 - Editing a user's details - enabling account, resetting password
After completing all of the above steps, if there is still an outstanding issue – please raise a case with Fourth's technical support team.