The Health Survey app provides a simple tool to help Fourth’s customers ensure that their shifts are staffed with healthy employees, reducing the risk of COVID-19 infection amongst their workforce and customers. Basic health information from employees is recorded and summarised to simple statuses, which helps managers to assess if they are safe to carry out their shifts or not.
Please note: The app is designed to be used alongside existing absence/sickness policies, which still need to be followed.
Please visit Health Survey app - User Guide for guidance on using the app.
This article shows how to assign the required User Level Permission to employees and how the health statuses are displayed in Labour Productivity.
User Level Permission
A User Level Permission called “View Employee Health Status Report” is required for users to be able to view the report.
- Go to Settings > User Configuration > User Levels
- Select Edit against the relevant User Level
- In the 'Reports' section, tick the box against View Employee Health Status Report and then Save
Fig.1 - User Level Permission
With these settings and User Level applied, the 'Health Status Report' row (with flag icons) will display on the Schedule page.
Fig.2 - New Health Status Report Row
Employee Health Status Report
- To view the Eployee Health Status Report select a flag icon from the Health Status Report row, against the required day/date
Fig.3 - Employee Health Status Report
Staff – employee first and last name
Personnel Number – the Employee ID
Phone Number – the employee's contact number
Job Role – the job role the employee is scheduled to work that day. If the employee is not scheduled then theirmain job role will be displayed
Forecast Shifts – if the employee is scheduled to work today, their shifts will be displayed. None will be displayed if the employee is not scheduled to work that day
Employee Health Status – see table below for more information
Employee has completed the survey and is in good health. They are considered safe to work.
Employee has completed the survey and has reported symptoms of Covid-19. They are considered as not safe to work.
Employee has not given consent for health data to be collected. No information available.
Employee has not completed the survey / Employee does not have a Fourth Account so cannot access the survey
Updating the Report
When a flag icon is selected and the page is loaded, an API call is made to the Health Survey app and the most recent employees' survey status is displayed in the Employee Health Status column.
- Selecting Refresh Report repeats this API call and updates the data in the report
- The report can be filtered by Area
- Each column can also be “sorted” using the sorting buttons in the header row
On first load, all employees who are scheduled to work that day will be displayed at the top of the report.
- The date picker can be used to select any single day to view the employees' health app statuses