The majority of Fourth Labour & Payroll customer’s use the bureau service in conjunction with the HR and Rota Modules. This provides one integrated solution and seamless feed of employee and rota data into the Payroll Module for processing. However, some customer’s may have an incumbent payroll solution that cannot be changed. In these cases they may require bespoke exports of data to be taken from the Fourth solution and uploaded into their payroll system.
- There are two types of export that must be quoted for and delivered in these circumstances:
- Employee data – this file will contain many fields that exist within the Personal and Employment Details screens within the Fourth Labour solution. Employee number is the unique identifier which allows the 3rd party system to identify the employee.
- Rota/Payroll data – this file contains the relevant payroll data captured within the rota, such as hours, holiday pay, absences and any relevant additional payments.
The Export Process
- The order in which we export data typically follows a logical order:
- All new starters and leavers are exported with any employee’s data that has been changed within the relevant period. This ensures that both systems are synchronised prior to running payroll.
- In order for the rota data to be exported then the relevant rota (s) must be submitted to payroll and checked. Once this has been completed then all relevant data can be exported and uploaded into the payroll system.
- Following this all additional payroll checks/inputs take place outside of the Fourth Labour solution. Payslips are produced outside of the system and not accessible within the Fourth solution.
- Each payroll system will require the export formats to comply with their import routine.
- Please ask the customer to provide the specifications to Fourth for review.
- Sample export files are available and stored with this document.
- A minimum for each export is 4.5 days.
- However, this may be increased based upon complexity and specific requirements surrounding export processes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.