- Addition of new Nutrition Reference Database - latest version of McCance and Widdowson (2015)
- Three new FIR Custom Intolerance Reports and Export API
- New Ingredient Fields in Export API: Process Data
Release Date: 18th September 2018 (USA) – 19th September 2018 (Europe and Asia)
Addition of new Nutrition Reference Database - latest version of McCance and Widdowson (2015)
A new version of the McCance and Widdowson nutrition reference database has been added. Existing nutrition data that references the older McCance and Widdowson version will not be impacted by this change.
Once configured, for an organisation, the new database will be visible in the Import Nutrition Information pop-up window (Ingredients > Nutrition > Nutritional Values > Import Nutritional Information (link))
Fig.1 shows where the new McCance and Widdowson 2015 database name will be shown (where the McCance and Widdowson name is currently displayed).
Fig.1 – Nutrient Database field – where new 2015 database name will display
Three new FIR Custom Intolerance Reports and Export API
Three new reports have been created that display custom intolerance values:
- Ingredient FIR Custom Intolerance Report (Excel)
- Recipe FIR Custom Intolerance Report (Excel)
- Menu FIR Custom Intolerance Report (Excel)
Custom Intolerance values will be visible in the ingredient and recipe export APIs
New Ingredient Fields in Export API: Process Data
- Manufacturing Site and Address
- Manufacturing Processes
- Ingredients Declaration
- Protein Specification
- Min Protein Pieces
- Avg Protein Pieces
- List of all particulates
- Manufacturers regeneration / cooking instructions
- Organoleptic / Legal Description for use on menus
- Product Appearance
- Product Flavour Profile
- Product Texture
- Packaging Information
This change to the export API will be deployed on version 2 of the API which can be reached at the following URL: https://api.starchef.net/v2/.
The URL to retrieve ‘process data’ information will be the base URL plus /ingredients/id/processdata, similar to the URL used for ingredient nutrition or intolerance data – see Fig.2.
Fig.2 – URLs for Nutrition and Process Data
Reason for the Change
General system enhancements.
- New nutrition database: Can be enabled by request; visibility will be disabled by default for all customers
- Custom Intolerance Reports: Can be enabled by request; permission will be disabled by default for all customers
- Custom Intolerance values in export API: Available to all customers
Note: Export API access requires a username and password which can be provided by Fourth on request.