How to Create a Job Title
- Log into the HR Module, and select the dropdown menu Company Admin, and Job titles.
Fig 1 - HR Module Drop Down
- The next page will display any Job Titles that have already been set up.
Fig 2 - Job Titles Already Set Up
- Select Create Job Title in the top right hand corner of the screen.
Fig 3 - Create Job Title Button
- Enter the Job Title in Description as mandatory, enter an Accounting System Code if relevant, and select if the Job Title should be linked to rates of pay e.g. are there brackets of wages that an employee in this job title can be paid. The Priority is linked to the order in which the Job Titles are displayed on the rota. Next select the Pay Method and Pay Rates applicable for an employee in this Job Title e.g. in Fig 4 the employees can only be paid by hour.
Fig 4 - Create New Job Title Dialogue Box
- Select from the options if this Job Title should always be included on the rota, never included or up to the manager when creating them.
Fig 5 - New Job Title Options Dialogue Box
- All of the other options on this screen default to being No.
- Headcount links to Training module if being used.
- Contractor indicates the Job Title is not paid via payroll.
- Exclude from Wage cost indicates that wages will not appear on Rota costs.
- Use in recruitment is only applicable if using Recruitment module.
- Display additional payments sets this Job title to always present if using additional payments.
- Exclude from Tronc / Tips indicates that this job title is never eligible for service charge payments.
Fig 6 - Assigning Locations to a Job Title
- The Job Title needs to be assigned to the relevant Locations by selecting the location name, and clicking on the single arrow, and clicking on Save as in Fig 6.
Fig 7 - Assigning Divisions to a Job Title
- The Job Title then needs to be assigned to the relevant Divisions by selecting the Division name, and clicking on the single arrow, and clicking on Save as in Fig 7. For all locations/divisions use the double arrow.
- Select if employees in this Job title should be allowed to request holiday that they have / haven’t accrued.
Fig 8 - Assigning Holiday Settings to a Job Title
- Enter the Full Time Equivalent e.g. if you select that this employee is full time how many hours / shifts and days should they be working. Looking at this Job Title as a full time job, how much holiday allowance should they get (entering this correctly means employee’s that are part-time will have the holiday pro-rata).
- Click on the Add yearly increment if employees receive additional holidays for being with the company a certain number of years.
- If the company uses flexible employees (where the system calculates the average number of days worked x the weeks allowed for their holiday) enter the relevant weeks holiday entitlement here. A standard pay amount can be set here or a certain no. of hours pay.
Fig 9 - Assigning Holidays to Flexible Staff
- Assign the Location if the ‘Salary is to be included in the Rota’ as in Fig 6. Select ‘Save’.
- The page will take you to the original screen, select ‘Save’ to confirm all changes. The Job Title has now been set up.