Functionality has been developed that will allow users to exclude certain recipe ingredients from intolerance calculations. This is similar to Advanced Nutrition which allows users to exclude certain recipe ingredients from nutrition calculation.
Release Date: 16-Jan-2014
Reason for the Change
All StarChef customers.
In this example an ingredient ‘Yellow Colouring’ is added to a recipe ‘Banana Mix For Banoffee Crumble’. Yellow Colouring is not likely to be used however; it is included in the recipe to show the potential cost it would add to the recipe. Therefore it should not be included in the nutritional value calculation nor should its Intolerance data be included in the recipe.
Fig 1 - Ingredient Intolerance Data
- Fig 1 above shows that Yellow Colouring contains artificial colours specifically, E110.
Fig 2 - Recipe Intolerance Data
- Fig 2 shows the Nutrition tab of Banana Mix For Banoffee Crumble recipe and that it has correctly inherited the intolerance data from the Yellow Colouring ingredient.
- It also contains other intolerance data from other ingredients within the recipe.
Excluding an Ingredient From The Intolerance Calculation
Fig 3 - Advanced Link
- Click the [ ] Edit button on the recipe and click the ‘Advanced’ link.
Note: that this will only be available if the input method is set to: Auto-calculate. If it is set to Manual see section Important Information before changing.
Fig 4 - Exclude Ingredient From Intolerance Calculation Dialogue Box
- The system displays the dialogue box as in Fig 4 above. By default all ingredients are included in the intolerance calculation.
- Take note of the warning message as misuse of this feature may result in inaccurate intolerance information.
Fig 5 - Ingredient Excluded From Intolerance Calculation
- Click the checkbox next to the ingredient that is to be excluded from the calculation. In this case the Yellow Colouring is excluded.
- Press the grey Save to continue and save the recipe.
Note: Pressing the ‘reset’ link will include all ingredients in calculation.
After an Ingredient Has Been Excluded
Fig 6 - Intolerance Data Tab Ingredient Excluded
- Fig 6 shows the Intolerance Information for the recipe with the Yellow Colouring excluded.
- The information on artificial colours is now blank.
Fig 7 - Warning Message
- The system also alerts the user to the fact one or more ingredients is excluded from the intolerance calculation.
Fig 8 - Dialogue with The Status of Ingredients
- To see which ingredients are excluded click the ‘[Advanced]’ link shown in Fig 6 to display the dialogue in Fig 8 above.
- The red cross indicates that a recipe is not included in the intolerance calculation.
Changing the input method from Manual to Auto-Calculate will result in the loss of any intolerance information that was manually entered
Fig 9 - Input Method Updated From Manual to Auto-Calculate
- When changing from Auto-Calculate to manual the system will show the dialogue box in Fig 9 above advising the user that any ingredients that were previously excluded will be included in the calculation.