Rotas can be configured to include various functionalities, including Open Days, Default Rota Settings, and weekly scheduling.
This article describes the process of configuring the Locations area of the Rotas module, with the exceptions of Fixed Costs / Budgeted Revenue and Wage Targets, further information on these processes can be found in the following articles - WFM - Entering Budgets and Revenue Targets by Location.
Configuring the Rota
- Select the Rotas module from the drop-down
Fig.1 - Rota Module
- From the Administration drop-down, select Configure Locations
Fig.2 - Configure Locations from Administration drop-down menu
- Select the required Location from the drop-down menu
Fig.3 - Configure Location
Please Note: Every location can have different settings, so always check that the correct Location has been selected.
Set days can be set as 'Open Days' for a Rota. For days where a Location is set as Closed, the system will not require any action to be completed on the Rota.
- Select Edit Open Days in order to set and edit these Open Days
Fig.4 - Edit Open Days
- Tick the days of the week that this Location is open for
Fig.5 - Edit Open Days
Assigning Shift Types Against Divisions
- To choose which shift types should show in specific divisions on the Rota, select Assign Shift Types by Division
Fig.6 – Assign Shift Types by Division
- Select the division that needs updating on the left
- Select to highlight which shift types need assigning
- Select the > button to move them to the assigned box
- Select Save
Fig.7 – Assign Shift Types by Division
Please Note: If these steps are not completed then in the rota weeks themselves, the drop-downs to select shift types for the employees will not show.
Default Rota Settings
- To edit default Rota Settings, select Edit Rota Settings
Fig.8 - Default Rota Setting
To ensure that annual budgets load successfully, ensure to enter a Week 1 start date within these settings.
Fig.9 - Week 1 start date
- The Use Breaks In Rotas? tick box sets whether breaks should be used within this Location
The breaks functionality works by taking a set amount of minutes from the total hours for the employee depending on the hours worked each day, reducing the number of hours that an employee is paid for.
- Enter a figure in the Maximum Number of Break Minutes in order to set a maximum break time
- The Shift/Hourly pay rates on Rota tick box determines if any employee with access to the Rotas should be able to see the shift/hourly rates for employees when hovering over their names
Fig.10 - Edit Rota Settings
The Scheduling Method section has various settings.
- Tick to either schedule by Shift Code or Shift Code and Start and End Times
- Enabling the Disallow Weekly Scheduling after Rota Creation will lock the forecast Rota and not allow amendments to forecast times
- The Prevent further editing of completed days on the Rota setting, if enabled, will not allow for hours to be changed once the Actual hours have been entered and the day completed
Fig.11 - Scheduling Method Settings
The final settings section is Job Titles with Salary Included in Rota.
- Select Edit Job Title Salary
Fig.12 - Edit Job Title Salary link
- Select which Job Titles are to have their salary included in the Rota costs by ticking the Include Salary? box next to the required Job Title
- Select Save
If salaried Job Titles aren't selected to be included in the rota then they won't show in the Scheduling module under Analysis and Weekly Overview reports.
Fig.13 - Job Titles Included in Salary
Please sign in to leave a comment.