The process of opting an employee into a Pension Scheme will need to be followed if an eligible job holder or non-eligible job holder wishes to join the Pension scheme during a postponement period.
This process will also need to be followed if a non-eligible job holder wishes to join the Pension Scheme at any time.
For all Pensions related articles, please see WFM UK - Pensions: Article Contents Page.
Opting an Employee Into a Pension Scheme
To opt an employee in to a Pension Scheme select the employee’s Pension record:
- To do so, go to Pensions > Employees > Employee List > select the required Employee
- Select Employee Pension Info > Job Holder Status
- Then select Opt In / Opt Out Information
The top half of the screen relates to the opt-in information.
Fig.1 - Opt In/Opt Out Information
- Once a valid opt-in notice is received, enter the date in the Date Valid Pension Notice Received date field
When entered, the page will expand and the two fields for Opt-In Enrolment Date and Date Opt-In Enrolment Date First Applies will automatically populate with the first day of the next pay reference period after the cut off
Fig.2 - Opt In Dates
The system will know from the Pay Basis set-up when the Payroll cut-off date is, in accordance with your Bureau Timetable.
Please Note: If the date which the notice is received on is after the Payroll cut-off date, the next two fields will automatically calculate the pay reference period start date of the Payroll that falls in two period’s time.
To view the Employee Pension Record:
- Go to Pensions > Employees > Employee List > search and select Employee > Employee Pension Info > Pensions
Fig.3 - Employee Pension Record
When the Enrolment date is reached, the employee will have a pension record automatically created and a deduction taken.
Please sign in to leave a comment.