This article will describe how to enable and use the Shelf Life and Temperature Validation options in Adaco. One thing to note is that these options are independent of each other. One can be enabled and the other does not have to be, as it depends on what the property is looking to accomplish.
Enable Shelf Life and Temperature AuthorizationGo to Property>Administration>Property Preferences>Receiving, there are two options Enable Shelf Life and Authorize Temperature Validation, as per Fig 1.
Fig 1 - Enabling Shelf Life and Temperature Validation
Enable Shelf LifeThe Enable Shelf Life flag enforces product Expiration (ie. Meat and Dairy products) and is set in the Sub Category section of a Category.
- Go to Property>Setup>Categories>Categories.
- Double-Click the category details to be edited.
- In the Subcategories section at the bottom, enter a numerical value in the Allowable Shelf Life (Days) field, as per Fig 2. The field is set to full days only for the number of days that a product should be usable.
- Click Save.
Fig 2 - Configuring the Shelf Life setting
- When a receiving is done for products with subcategories that have shelf life entries, the system will require a date to be entered in the Expiry Date field at Receiving, as per Fig 3.
Fig 3 - Entering a Valid Date in Receiving
Authorize Temperature ValidationThe Authorize Temperature Validation flag enforces minimum and/or maximum temperature settings (ie. Meat and Dairy products) and is set in the Category details screen.
- Go to Property>Setup>Categories>Categories and open the Category Details to be edited.
- Select the Has Allowable Temperature check box.
- Enter the Temperature Min and/or Tempature Max as needed, as per Fig 4.
- Click Save.
Fig 4 - Entering the Min/Max Temperatures
- When a receiving is done for products with a Category that have Has Allowable Temperature entries, the system will require a valid Temperature to be entered in the Temperature field(s) at Receiving, as per Fig 5.
Fig 5 - Entering Temperatures