Expenses can be created for a variety of reasons, e.g. Parking, Travel etc.
This article describes the process of creating and submitting Expenses within HR & Payroll (formerly known as People System).
Creating an Expense
- Go to the Payroll module
- From the Expenses drop-down menu, select My Expenses
Fig.1 - My Expenses
- Select the Create an Expense Request link
- Enter the dates for the period which the expenses fall in, e.g. if expenses are paid on a monthly basis, enter the date that the period starts and ends
- Select Save
Fig.2 - Entering Expenses Period
Once this Expense Period has been saved, the page for adding Individual Expenses will display.
- Select the Expense Type from the drop-down menu
Fig.3 - Select Expense Type
- Select the Date of Expense using the calendar icon
- Select if the Expense is Rechargeable by ticking the box, and if a receipt is to be submitted to accounts, tick the Receipt box
Fig.4 - Expense Options
- Enter the total Amount of the expense and a Reason for why the Expense is being claimed, e.g. cost of Train travel to Bristol to attend training session on 8.6.2014
- Once the claim has been added, select Save in Progress if there are more claims to add to this period
Fig.5 - Adding an Additional Claim
- To add an additional claim to the period once it is open, select the correct row from the list in the My Expenses page
- Select the Add Claim link which will insert another row for completion
- To delete an individual claim from the period, select the scissor icon at the end of the row
Fig.6 - Delete a Claim
- When the submission is complete, select Submit Completed
The expense will no longer be able to be edited, and will be sent to the Line Manager for approval to be paid.
All records of expense claims are recorded on the system. To search for previous claims, use the search criteria at the top of the list in My Expenses.
Fig.7 - Search Criteria in My Expenses