A 'Location' is usually a customer site (a pub, a restaurant, etc) in which 'Divisions' (kitchen, bar, FOH, etc) are assigned.
This article provides a step-by-step guide for creating a new Location in the HR module of Fourth's Workforce Management solution.
For guidance on creating/configuring Locations for use in other Fourth products, please see WFM UK: Creating and Configuring a New Location - All Fourth Products
Please note - There are additional steps required for customers using Fourth's Engage platform when creating a new Location. Guidance can be found at the bottom of this article.
Creating a Location
Locations are created within the HR Module. Employees will be assigned to a Location, which then feeds through to the other modules, i.e. Payroll and Rotas, to ensure that hours and payslips are correct.
- Go to HR > Company Admin > Locations and select Create Location from the top-right
Complete the fields as required:
- Description - the name of the Location which will appear within an employee’s record and on the rota
- Address and contact details for the Location
- Location Code Prefix - leave blank if not known
- Hide Tronc Rate From Employment Details Screen? - this will hide the option to enter a tronc rate on the Employment Details screen for new employees and existing employees
- Use Location in Scheduling? - tick this if using Fourth's Scheduling module
- Enable Fourth Account Service - tick this if using Fourth's 'Engage', 'ESS', or 'Collaboration' platforms. When applied, any employees created within the new Location will automatically be activated and receive a welcome email for their Fourth account (the Location must also exist in Engage for this to happen - see the link at the bottom of this article)
- Display Rota tab within ESS? - only to be used by customers using the Rotas module, not Scheduling
- Display Holiday tab within ESS? - tick this for all employees at this Location to see the 'Holiday' tab in Employee Self-Service (ESS)
- Accounting System Code – this will be used if sales are sent to Fourth by FTP. Within the FTP folder, the sales will be split by the accounting system code. This code will also be used for splitting the costs within the nominal ledger export. There is no rule for this code - it can be any sequence of numbers and letters
- If for any reason the Accounting System code needs to be changed and Fourth Analytics is also in use, please raise a case through the Customer Community or contact Fourth Analytics support to identify any risks first. Fourth Analytics uses the accounting system code in some of its reporting
- Opening Date – this will be the first week that the Location opens (the 'Week 1' date). It can be backdated if required. Alternatively, it can be left blank
- Group Location - Make a selection from the Region drop-down (if visible - this option is set up as a User-Defined Group in Global Settings. Please see this article for more information)
- Is Non-Payroll Location? - Should be ticked when this location does not use Fourth's Payroll. If ticked, employees cannot be transferred within the employment details. They would need to be terminated and then rehired. Also allows users to update annual salaries for employees
- Include in Analytics? - if the Location's data is to be used in Fourth Analytics reporting (if selected, the Analytics Unit Code is mandatory)
- Freeport? - tick if the Location is a Freeport site
- When all required settings/fields have been completed, select Save
Fig.1 - The Create Location screen
The 'Assign Divisions' screen will then display.
- To move all divisions from Available to Assigned use the > > double arrow button
- If only a select few are used for this location, highlight the necessary Available divisions and use the > single arrow button
- Save changes
Next, the 'Assign PAYE Companies' screen will display.
- Again, use the arrow buttons to move the relevant company for the Location over to the 'Assigned' section
- Save changes
Fig.3 - Assigning PAYE companies
The Location will then be saved and created. The newly created Location will appear in the 'Edit Location' stage, with additional options shown at the bottom of the screen - see Fig.4.
These extra settings must also be completed before the Location can be fully set up.
'Assign Divisions' and 'Assign PAYE Company' were part of the initial Location setup, as above.
Fig.4 - 'Edit Location' - additional settings
Lieu Day Settings
- Lieu Type can be either Days or Hours
- Do Lieu Days/Hours Expire Expire? and Are Negative Lieu Days/Hours Allowed? are options which will need to be discussed and agreed upon internally within the business
- Save any changes made
Fig.5 - Lieu Days settings
Assign Job Titles
- As with Divisions, PAYE Companies, etc, use the arrow buttons to assign Job Titles to the Location
- Save changes
Assign Shift Types
- Use the arrow buttons to assign Shift Types to the location
- Best practice is to always include an 'On' Shift Type
- Save changes
These shift types will feed through to the rota and will be available for employees to be scheduled onto.
Fig.7 Assigning Shift Types
Edit Holiday Settings
- The Holiday Year End Date can be configured here if the Location has a different end date than others
- This can also be done for the Default Maximum Days Allowed for flexible staff - this setting is designed to prevent flexible employees from accruing over this figure
Please note: If the Location's holiday year-end date is changed in the Location settings, this will override the Global Setting.
Fig.8 - Editing Holiday settings
New Locations in Fourth Engage
Customers who are using Fourth's Engage platform and have followed these steps will also need to create the new Location(s) in the Engage console.
Please see this article for guidance: Engage Mobile: Creating New Locations