Employees who have been set up to approve Payroll online will receive an email from Payroll when it is ready.
This article describes the process of approving Payroll, including viewing and querying Payslips for individual employees.
To approve Online Payroll:
- Select Payroll from the Module drop-down menu
Fig.1 – Payroll Module
The Payroll Homepage is split into sections.
- From the Payroll Homepage select the payment period / Location to be approved from the Past Payruns list at the bottom of the screen
Fig.2 – Payroll Homepage
- Select the Payrun to be approved
The red bar shows that this Payrun is currently unapproved.
Fig.3 – Past Payruns
The ‘Pay Run Details’ screen shows how much that specific Payrun is for.
Fig.4 – Pay Run Details Screen
- To view the individual Pay Elements that make up the Payrun, select View Pay Elements
Fig.5 – View Pay Elements
- Select the Pay Element to view
The next screen provides a breakdown of all the employees in that Payrun.
- To return, follow the Return to Past Payrun Details
Fig.6 - Elements Page
- For a complete beakdown for a Payrun report, select Pay Run Report
Fig.7 – Pay Run Report Link
- Select the Location, Division, and which Pay Elements are to be included in the report
- Select Run Preview
Fig.8 – Location, Division and Type Fields
The Report will open in a pop-up window. It illustrates all individual payments and deductions. This can also be Printed or Exported to Excel with or without the graphic elements.
Fig.9 – Pay Run Report
To run a Payrun Reconciliation, select the link. The Requisition Report will open in a pop-up window, which can then be printed for reference.
- To check the amount that each individual employee is being paid, select Show Employees
Fig.10 – Show Employees Link
The Employee List will display, and this shows how much each individual is being paid.
- To view a preview of an individual’s Payslip, select the required Employee Name
Fig.11 – Employee List
- If the Payslip needs to be queried, select Has Query? against the relevant employee
Fig.12 – Has Query? Option
- Select the details of the query in the Query box
Fig.13 – Payslip Query
- Any Queries which have been saved to an Employee’s Payroll will be visible in the Queries section of the Payroll homepage
The Payroll Bureau will then view and add comments to the Query. Their response can be viewed under the 'Submitted' section of the 'Queries' area.
Fig.14 – Queries List
- Once the amounts being paid have been confirmed, enter the Payroll Period from the Module home and select Approve
Once Approved, a warning will display as a pop-up to confirm that the Payroll should be authorized.
- Select OK to continue
Once the Payroll has been approved, the ‘Status’ will change to ‘Approved’ and will display in green.