The System is designed to help those in the hospitality industry manage their purchasing, stock control and time.
For a product to be purchased from the supplier it must first be assigned to the site. Suppliers can be selectively assigned to site - e.g. beverage supplier only to the beverage location - making the ordering process straightforward for users. Suppliers must only be assigned to sites that order goods directly and are not required to be added to sites that only receive internal transfers within the organisation.
The following document will outline the best practise method for adding a supplier to site.
Before Adding a Supplier to Site
Fig 1 - Existing Suppliers
- Search the supplier list to check that the supplier is available on the system. If the supplier does not exist it will need to be added to the database.
Fig 2 - Browse Suppliers Page
- If the supplier does exist then move on to the next steps.
Adding a Supplier to Site
Fig 3 - Supplier Management Link
- To add a supplier to site select Supplier Management > select the appropriate supplier
Fig 4 - Searching for a Supplier
- Select the appropriate supplier, the line will be highlighted blue. Once selected the system will show details specific to that supplier that can be configured per organisation – these details should be edited before adding a supplier to site level.
Fig 5 - The General Tab for a Supplier
- When the supplier details have been configured the supplier can be added to the appropriate sites by selecting the Where Used tab.
Fig 6 - Where Used Tab
- Select the Where Used tab and the link to Add Supplier to Site/Change Depot to assign the supplier to site level to allow users to process orders to this supplier.
Fig 7 - Adding the Supplier to a Site
- Tick the site that the supplier needs to be added to and select Step 2 and the Finish to complete this action.
Fig 8 - Supplier Added to Site
- Once added the supplier will appear on the Where Used tab.
- The supplier is now assigned to the specified location with the given details.
- The supplier will now be available for users to place an order with for any relevant products that have also been assigned to the site.