This article describes the process of creating a new user in Inventory with Single Sign On via secure.fourth.com or the Fourth app.
Creating a new Inventory User with Single Sign On
- In the Inventory solution, go to the Setup tab
- Select Users
- Select New and populate the required details
- Set the Records Per Page to the required quantity – this allows the volume of viewable lines per stock sheet when counting
Fig.1 – New User Details
- Enter the required Email address
Please Note: The email address entered will be the username for the user’s Single Sign On account.
Fig.2 – User Details
- Select the Access tab
Fig.3 – Access Tab
- Add the relevant profiles by selecting the Add Profile button at the bottom of the screen
- Assign across the required profiles from Available Profiles to Assigned Profiles
Fig.4 – Assigning Access
Select the Default Access drop-down and add the relevant access
- None – No access to any sites
- All – Full access
- Bespoke – Specific site access
Fig.5 – Default Access
- Select the Assign Category Access tab
- Select each Profile and Save
Please Note: Do not tick the boxes unless specifically requested. By not ticking the boxes, the user is automatically updated when any changes are made.
Fig.6 – Profile Selection
- Go back to the User Details tab
- Select Activate User
Fig.7 – Activate User
A pop-up will display to ask if the user should be linked to an existing account.
- Select OK to link an existing account, the system will search for a matching email address to allow to link the new Inventory user to an existing Single Sign On account
- Select Cancel to create a new Single Sign On account using the email address set up in Inventory as the username
Fig.8 – Pop-Up Display
- Return to the ‘User’ screen
The green tick indicates that a new Fourth account has been provisioned and associated, enabling a Single Sign On.
Fig.9 – User Details
The user will then receive an email from Fourth detailing the username and a link in order to enable the account. Always check the Spam and Junk folders if this email has not been received to a main inbox.
Fig.10 – Confirmation Email
It is recommended after this process has been completed to log in to secure.fourth.com or the Fourth App, which allows users to gain access via Single Sign On, as opposed to using multiple URLs with multiple logins.
The relevant apps should now be able to be viewed within the Fourth App (depending on access levels) using the Single Sign On functionality.
Fig.11 – Apps within the Fourth App
Recipe & Menu Engineering (RME)
If the user requires access to Inventory and Recipe & Menu Engineering, then the user must first be created in Inventory, and then in Recipe & Menu Engineering.
Some configuration may be need to be completed by Fourth for this process, if this is required, please get in touch with the relevant Fourth contact for advice.