The System is designed to help those in the hospitality industry manage their purchasing, stock control and time. It’s important when stock counting that the process is easy and straight forward for users of the system. Part of that process can be to ensure finalisation of stock counts.
Why Finalise the Stock Count?
- Finalising the stock count ensures users cannot make changes to the closing quantity after a certain point.
- It also ensures that there is a record kept to account for who counted and who entered the stock count should there be a need to ask questions about a stock result.
- A count cannot be finalised unless all products have a value entered against them, this ensures that no empty fields are left open against a product which can cause variances on the stock reconciliation.
- Once a count is finalised, it cannot be overridden by the users unless they have the security setting allowing them to do so. However, finalising the count does not mean the period must be approved, there will still be time to check all transactions have been entered and approved and that the sales are matching. It simply means the closing stocks cannot be altered after a certain point without authorisation.
Finalising a Count
Fig 1 - Unit Admin Tab on Site Level
- It’s possible to see whether sites have finalised their stock counts on one page. The messages display showing the status of each site.
- It is possible to finalise the stock count at sites if they have not done so by the specified time (if applicable).
- To finalise, go to: Stock Management > Stock Count > Input Stock Count > Full Stock Count.
- Click the ‘Save and Finalise’ button.
Fig 2 - Save & Finalise Button
- If there are any fields left empty the system will prompt.
- Click on the ‘Click here’ Link to enter either a value or a zero.
Fig 3 - Empty Closing Stock Field Warnings
- Click the ‘Save and Finalise’ button again.
- There are fields open to confirm who counted and entered the stock and at what times.
- Once this is completed, click the ‘Finalise Stock Count’ Button and the count is finalised.
Fig 4 - Finalise Stock Count Form