What is Company Sick Pay?Company Sick Pay (CSP) is used when absent employees are paid at a rate more than Statutory Sick Pay. The People System can pay either full or half day of salary for a specified number of days. This needs to be set up in a contract and then applied to the employee’s Employment Details.
Setting up ContractsTo create a new contract follow the path: HR > Company Admin > Contracts > Create Contract
Fig 1 - Create New Contract
- Contract Description
- Contract Code
- Make contract Active
- Select the Company this contract will be applied to (if the contract applies to more than one company a separate contract will be required for each)
Fig 2 - Absence Settings
- Complete the Absence settings (Fig 2) to reflect how the CSP is to be calculated and paid to the employee.
- Is CSP paid during probation, if not indicate months service before eligible.
- Is the SSP waiting days to be applied to the CSP.
- If CSP is based on length of service complete the section at the bottom (see: Fig 3) otherwise indicate number of entitlement days.
Fig 3 - Length of Service Increments
- If CSP is based on length of service the number of days must be completed for each period.
- As in Fig 3 the total number of days must be entered for each year of service. The total number of days for year 4 above must be entered even though there is no increase, leaving it as 0 will reduce the entitlement to 0 days.
Fig 4 - Assign Contract to Job Titles
- The contract must be assigned to specific job titles to be available for employee (Fig 4).
Note: That if new job titles that are eligible for CSP are created after the set of the contract they will need to be assigned after creation.
Assigning ContractsWithin the Employee’s Employment Details page there is a field called ‘Contract’. The contracts created and assigned to that job title will appear in the drop down menu. Choose the correct contract and save the page. This will apply the CSP settings to that employee.
HR > Employees > Employee List > Search Employee > Employee Info > Employment Details > Contract > Select Contract
Please sign in to leave a comment.