Lieu Days allow an employee to claim back days which they have worked over and above their contracted days. An employer may request that an employee takes additional days worked as time off in Lieu Hours rather than paying for the extra days.
Lieu Hours will need to be enabled on the Company’s Fourth Portal before the settings can be configured.
Lieu Time can be accounted for in days or hours.
Configuring Lieu Days
- Go to the HR module
- Select Locations in the Company Admin drop-down
Fig.1 - Locations in Company Admin Drop-Down
- Select the required Location which is to have Lieu Day functionality
- Select Lieu Day Settings
Fig.2 - Lieu Day Settings
The ‘Edit Lieu Location Settings’ page will display.
- Enter the Lieu Type in Days or Hours
Lieu Days can be set to expire by selecting the Do Lieu Days/Hours Expire? box
- Enter the Expiry Rule and Months until expiry
- Negative Lieu Days can be enabled by selecting the Are Negative Lieu Days/Hours Allowed? box
Negative Lieu Days enable an employee to take a Lieu Day before they have worked on a day off. These can be capped by entering a maximum of negative days.
- Enter a number in the Maximum Lieu Days/Hours field to assist users to manage Lieu Days
Fig.3 - Edit Lieu Location Settings
Setting up Lieu Day Descriptions
- Lieu Day descriptions can be set up by selecting Lieu Day Descriptions from the Administration drop-down
Fig.4 - Lieu Day Descriptions in Administration Drop-Down
- Lieu Day descriptions can be created by selecting Create Description
- To edit a description, select the required Lieu Day Description and edit in the Edit Description box
Fig.5 - Lieu Day Descriptions Page
Employees who work over their Full Time Equivalent (FTE) number of days in a week will have a lieu day created automatically for each day, after the Rota has been submitted.
As it’s not possible to identify which day(s) are lieu days, the system will work from the final working day backwards. Therefore the example shown in Fig.6 is an employee who works 3 days a week but worked 5 days. The 4th and 5th days have been used respectively to assign the earned date of the lieu days.
Fig.6 - Auto-generated Lieu Days
Lieu Day Adjustment Functionality
Adjustments can be made to the number of Lieu Days which an employee currently has available to them.
To do so:
- Go to HR > select Lieu Day Mass Adjustment in the Holidays and Absences drop-down menu
Fig.7 – Lieu Day Mass Adjustment
- Use the Location, Division or Job Title filters if required
- Employees can also be filtered by Surname
Fig.8 – Search Filters
- Enter the required amount of Lieu Days in the Adjust To column against the required employee(s)
Fig.9 – Adjust To Column