How to Use Fixed Costs
- Log into Fourth's People and Payroll solution, and from the dropdown menu select the ‘Rota’s’ module.
FIG 1 Select HR Module
- To set up using fixed costs select ‘Global Settings’ (this is an administrative setting and high access is required).
FIG 2 Global Settings
- To check / switch on fixed costs select ‘Edit’ in the rotas settings:
FIG 3 Edit Rota Settings
- Tick the ‘Rename Fixed Costs in Rotas’, and enter a short name for what they are being used for e.g. Cleaning Costs or Entertainment.
FIG 4 Edit Default rota settings
- Then set up fixed cost areas, again under ‘Administration’ – ‘Fixed Cost Area’.
FIG 5 Fixed Cost Area under 'Administration'
- To create areas click on the link in the top right hand side.
FIG 6 Create Weekly Fixed Costs Area
- Create as many areas as required, for fixed cost entry.
FIG 7 Weekly Fixed Costs Areas
- Once this has been set up, enter ‘Administration’, ‘Configure Locations’.
FIG 8 Configure Locations
- Scroll down to the ‘Edit Factor X and Fixed Costs’ area.
FIG 9 Edit Factor x and Fixed Costs
- Tick the option ‘Use Fixed Costs Settings’.
FIG 10 Use Fixed Costs Settings
- This will open up more options. First enter the % split across the week (which days do these costs need to appear on), then enter the % split for the divisions that the cost will affect. Both areas have to equal 100.
FIG 11 % split
- Then enter the amount in £ for the fixed costs across the week by clicking the 'edit'button.
- This will bring up the ‘Fixed Cost Areas’ previously set up.
FIG 12a Fixed Cost Area
FIG 12 click 'save'
- The fixed cost can be edited from the rota on a weekly basis if necessary, meaning that managers / supervisors that do not have administration rights can update costs where necessary.
- By Selecting the button which was renamed in global settings ‘Edit Bonus’:
FIG 13 Edit Fixed Cost
- This will bring up the ‘Fixed Cost Areas’ previously set up with the costs that have been configured, amend where necessary for that week.
FIG 14 Fixed Cost Area
- And ‘Save’.
FIG 15 Click 'Save'
- Fixed Cost will show as an additional line on the analysis page, also accessible from the rota link.