How to Create Shift Codes
- Shift codes are created within the rotas module, log in and select the Rotas module from the dropdown menu.
FIG 1 Select Rota Module
- From the Rotas homepage select Shift Types from under the Administration dropdown as illustrated above.
FIG 2 Select Shfit Types
- The next screen shows the shift codes currently allocated to a site. Depending upon access levels there may be multiple sites present, select to search for a specific site by selecting from the dropdown.
FIG 3 Assign Location
- Within the left hand box is a list of all current shift codes. When there is an ‘N/A’ in the ‘Delete?’ Field these shifts can not be deleted off the system as they are mandatory for each site.
FIG 4 Mandatory shifts
- From the top right hand side of the screen select ‘Create New Shift Code’.
FIG 5 Create a New Shift Type
- Once selected, the form below will pop up to the right hand side of the list of current shifts.
FIG 6 Edit a Shift Type
- Complete all the bold mandatory fields on the form:
- Description: Reference for the ‘shift types’ screen e.g. Kitchen early (if there are numerous early shifts).
- Times: enter start & end time in 24hour clock for the shift – if split enter start & end time 2 – total time is automatic.
- Code: which appears in the rota dropdown
- Shift Value: 1 for a single shift and 2 for a spilt shift
- Priority: the order in which they appear in the rota dropdown
- Colour: appears when viewing the optimisation screen on the rota
- Default shift: tick to allow shift as default in employee HR section.
FIG 7 Fill in All Requested Information
- Assign the shift to a Location by selecting the location and moving it across to the right box with the central arrows then click save. There may more than one location in the list depending upon access levels.
FIG 8 Assign Location
- Then assign divisions that the shift is relevant to. To select more than 1 division simply click on them.
FIG 9 Assign Division
- Once saved the shift will appear in the list on the left of the screen – If created incorrectly or unused they can be deleted by ticking the box on the left and delete at the bottom of the box.
FIG 10 Assign shift
- Click on the shift itself to be able to edit start or end times, and locations or divisions that the shift is relevant to.
FIG 11 Assign locations and divisision that the shift is relevant