This document outlines the process to upload pension document templates into the pension module. This process will need to be followed when a new pension scheme is set up and the associated documents are required to be uploaded. It should also be used if the current document templates on an existing pension scheme are to be archived.
Uploading Document Templates
- Follow the path: Pensions > Administration > Document Management.
Fig 1 - Document Management Page
- The list on the left of the page refers to current document trigger points built into the AE cycle.
- The radio buttons allow all document trigger points to be viewed; this includes documents assigned to ‘Auto Enrolment Schemes’ or documents attached to other pension schemes.
- To upload a new document template – first select the link at the top right hand side of the page “Document Templates”.
Fig 2 - Document Template Link
Fig 3 - Document Template Page
- If a document template has been sent, it can’t be deleted but it can be made inactive by deselecting the “Tick” in the Active column and pressing “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page. See second column in Fig 3.
- If a document template has not been sent, it can be deleted by selecting the check box and pressing “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page. See first column in Fig 3.
Note: Please exercise caution when doing this, as if there is no document uploaded this could cause your organisation to become non-compliant.
- To upload a new template, select the “Upload New Template” link at the top right hand side of the page.
Fig 4 - Document Template Upload Page
- First select if this document is an Auto Enrolment Template or is a standard Pension Document Template.
- Select which Pension Scheme the document is to be assigned to from the list to the left, and move individual items using the single arrow icon.
Fig 5 - Selecting the Relevant Pension Schemes
- If the organisation uses worker groups, then select which worker group this document relates to.
- Select the ‘Template Type Description’ from the dropdown list.
Fig 6 - Choosing the Auto Enrolment Template Type
- Select the browse button and navigate to the relevant document, select and press “Open”.
Note: the document for upload must be saved as a Microsoft Word Document (.docx).
Fig 7 - Uploading a Document from Your Computer
- The final step is to complete any helpful notes in the “Notes” field to describe the document.
- Once completed press “Upload”.
Fig 8 - File Upload Success Message
Please sign in to leave a comment.