Fourth's goal is to provide its customers with secure and easy solutions for managing legislative tasks. The Payroll Module has been enhanced to allow the sending of electronic P45s (EP45s) to leavers. This new feature will help to mitigate potential risks with providing paper copies of P45s.
Steps to Follow
To ensure that all employees in the future receive an P45 via email along with their final payslip, the below setting need to be adjusted within the People System portal:
- For all new starters to be automatically set to receive P45s via email, the delivery method in the Pay Basis needs to be changed. The details of how to do this can be found in the 'Updating P45 Delivery Method for All Employees on a Pay Basis' section below.
Please note: Only verified "Release Notes Contact" users are able to view release notes on the Customer Community.
The change to delivery method will need to be made after 26th October 2017, even if the setting was previously changed, as the release will reset all portals. If unable to carry out this task, Fourth's Solution Success team can make the change on request.
- All current employees need to have their P45 delivery method changed to Email. For ease and speed, Fourth will do a complimentary mass update to complete this task. This will be scheduled in with customers and be after 27th November 2017, following completed testing by pilot customers. A provisional date for this update will be provided to all customers in due course
- Fourth recommend that customers do not manually amend employees' P45 delivery methods prior to receiving confirmation that all issues captured in the pilot phase have been captured/dealt with
- Any employees that still require a paper payslip after the mass update has been run will need to be changed to Paper delivery method manually. If an employee does not have a personal email, the delivery method will default to Paper
- Ensure that all leavers are aware of the password to access their email P45. This is their date of birth in DDMMYYYY format
Please Note: Fourth will not be able to advise employees of the required format, and will be directed to speak to their Head office.
Updating P45 Delivery Method for All Employees on a Pay Basis
To update the P45 Delivery Method on all employee records:
Go to Payroll > Administration > Company Setup
Select a Company and then View Pay Basis
Select a Pay Basis
Chose a P45 Delivery Method and Save to apply the setting
All employees associated to that pay basis will have their P45 Delivery Method updated accordingly, whether it is Email, Paper or ESS.
Fig.1 – P45 Delivery Method setting within a Pay Basis
It will still be possible to have individual employees on different Delivery Methods by updating them individually.
Go to Payroll > Employees > Employee List
Search for and select an Employee
Go to Employee Payroll Info > Pay & Tax Details
Update the P45 Delivery Method accordingly
‘ESS’ as a Delivery Method
A Global Setting exists which allows ESS (Employee Self Service) to be selected as a P45 Delivery Method at both Pay Basis and employee level.
Go to Payroll > Administration > Global Settings > Portal Settings
Tick the box next to P45s in ESS
Save to apply the setting
Fig.2 – New P45s in ESS Global Setting
Only individuals using ESS will be able to apply this Global Setting.
A guide on EP45 administration and printing paper payslips will also be available on the Customer Community once the pilot is complete.
See WFM - Printing or Emailing P45s