- To see the Organisational Hierarchy (tree view), the user must switch on the menu access permission in the Core roles. Sys Configuration > All Options > Roles > Core Role (choose relevant role) >Role Functionalities.
Fig 1 - Roles Functionality Maintenance Screen
- Chose the relevant user profiles that will require this tree view. Ensure their Core role as the above permission switched on.
Creating Hierarchy Items
- To located the tree view of the organisation, go to Setup > All Options > Organisational Hierarchy.
Fig 2 - Organisation Hierarchy Link
- Click on the Organisation Hierarchy.
- The tree view of the organisation will be displayed.
Fig 3 - Organisation Hierarchy Tree
- The tree view shows the organisation, Demo Portal and a list of Entities, Units and sites beneath it.
- Entities can be recognised by the folder symbol on the left hand side of the name.
- Units can be recognised by the house symbol on the left hand side of the name.
- Sites can be recognised by the upside-down teardrop symbol on the left hand side of the name.
- Entities can be moved to live beneath any other entities but not under units or sites.
- Units can be moved to live beneath any other entity but not under units or sites.
- Sites cannot be moved to any other unit and must stay in the one it was originally created under.
- Entities are used to group Units. There is no limit to the number of entities required in the organisation. Entities can live beneath entities but never beneath Units or beneath sites.
- To create a new entity either click on the organisation or on an existing entity.
Fig 4 - Create New Entity Link
- Click on the entity that the new entity should live beneath.
- Once the hyperlink appears, click on Create New Entity.
Fig 5 - Mandatory Fields for Creating an Entity
- A pop-up box will appear, complete the name of the new Entity and then Save.
Fig 6 - Newly Created Entity
- The new Entity will now appear on the tree.
- Units represent the physical locations within the organisation. There is no limit to the number of units required in the organisation. Units can live beneath entities but never beneath other Units or beneath sites.
- To create a new Unit either click on the organisation or on an existing entity.
- The link create new unit will appear, click on it.
Fig 7 - Create New Unit Link
- Click on the entity that the unit should live beneath.
- Once the hyperlink appears click, on Create New Unit.
Fig 8 - Mandatory Fields for Creating a New Unit
- Complete the Unit name; this would usually be the locations name.
- Complete the Account System Code if relevant (this is the code in the accounts package to identify the location).
- Complete the Unit Code Prefix; this is the Unit code or location ID. It can be anything but ideally will have the location name in it as part of the code. This is used in various reports.
Fig 9 - Newly Created Unit
- The new Unit will now appear on the tree.
- The Unit Details must still be populated on the Unit List page.
Fig 10 - Edit Unit Details
- The Unit list is found in Setup>All Options> Units contains the list of active Units.
- Here is where the Unit details should be updated.
- Sites are stock locations within a unit. These are only used when the system has Purchasing and Stock modules.
- If the Organisation has Stock and Purchasing then each Unit must have at least one Site. There is no limit to the number of sites there can be in a unit. Sites can only live beneath the Unit they were created under.
Fig 11 - Create a New Site Link
- To create a new site click on the unit the site will belong to.
- The link create new site will appear, click on it.
Fig 12 - Create a New Site Fields I
- Complete the site name; this would usually be the locations name plus the stock location type if splitting food and beverage in the Unit. E.g. Test Bar, Test Food, Test Consumables etc…
- Complete the Site Code this is the code or location ID. It can be anything but ideally will have the location name in it as part of the code. This is used in various reports.
- Complete the phone number.
Fig 13 - Create a New Site Fields II
- Complete the invoice address, this is the address seen by the supplier on the purchase order to send paper invoices to.
- Complete the delivery address, this is the address seen by the supplier on the purchase order to send the physical delivery to.
Fig 14 - Delivery Information
- Delivery times and delivery notes can be completed and will appear on every purchase order for all suppliers.
- The accounting system code will default from the units Accounting System Code but can be changed if required.
Fig 15 - Other Stock-Related Fields
- Complete the default stock period length. It’s usual that all sites within the same Unit are on the same stock period length.
- Click Save.
Fig 16 - Newly Created Site
- The new site will now appear on the tree.
Moving Units and Entities
- There may be a requirement to move entities or units around. This can be done using drag and drop on the tree.
- Only move entities or units if there is a requirement to do so.
Fig 17 - Organisation Hierarchy Tree
- Before moving a Unit or Entity, ensure the location of the new entity or the place on the tree is known.
- Expand the boxes to find where the unit or entity must be moved to.
Fig 18 - Unit Test That Will Be Moved
- Locate the Unit or Entity that is to be moved.
Fig 19 - Dragging the Test Unit
- Left Click on the Unit or Entity that is going to be moved and keeping your finger the mouse or pad drag the Unit or Entity to the location on the tree that it should go to.
Fig 20 - Hierarchy After Unit Move
- When the Unit or Entity is hovering over the location is should be moved give it a second or so as the tree will expand and the unit or Entity can be placed where it belongs.
Fig 21 - Save Button
- Click Save if happy with the move. It’s advised to save after each change if making lots of movement.
- It’s advised to note which movements were made in case they require reversal.
Fig 22 - Save Changes Prompt
- A pop-up will appear to confirm the unit or entities movements should be saved, click OK.
Fig 22 - Unit & Site After Move
- The Unit or Entity will now appear on the tree in its new location.
Editing and Deleting
- Currently there is no user permissions driving editing and deleting so if a user has access to the Organisation Hierarchy it means full access.
- Below are the specifics of each area that can be edited or deleted and any restrictions.
- All areas in the site can be edited. Any changes will prompt an alert of “are you sure you want to do this”.
- All fields in the unit can be edited.
- All fields in the entity can be edited.
- A site can be deleted as long as there are no suppliers, active products, batches or menu items assigned to it.
- A unit can be deleted only if there are no active sites below it and if there are no current or former employees allocated to it. Employee records must be moved first.
- An entity can be deleted if there are no units or other entities beneath it.