As well as inputting revenue budgets and wage targets manually (see Knowledge Articles WFM - Inputting Budgets and WFM - Creating Wage Targets) in HR & Payroll it is possible for Fourth to carry out a bulk upload of this data. Budget templates (in Microsoft Excel format) can be populated with figures and sent to Fourth’s data team. There is a charge per template but it can save time and effort, especially if there are a large number of locations and their weekly values change regularly. Fourth’s Customer Success Manager (CSM) team can be contacted for costs and lead times.
This article is split into sections:
- Different Ways of Budgeting
- Submitting Templates to Fourth
- Template Spreadsheets
- Frequently Recurring Fields
Different Ways of Budgeting
To ensure that the correct budget templates are used, it is necessary to determine whether locations are set to budget by Location or Section.
- Section: This implies that budgets or sales entered are broken down via Revenue Streams. For example, Food & Beverage, Rooms etc
- Location: This implies that all revenue streams within that location will be counted together and not individually broken down
- Go to Rotas > Administration > Configure Location > select location > check under Organisation of Divisions
If budgeting by Section, the Configure Location screen will look like this (Fig.1)
If budgeting by Location, it will display this (Fig.2)
Fig.2 - Configure Location in Rotas when budgeting by Location
Budgeting by Section Templates
Budgeting by Location Templates
Wage Target %: The same applies as per Budgets by Section, with the following additional options:
- When budgeting by location, there are two options for Wage Target % templates. There is a Global Setting, Use wage target for location in Rota. When this is set to Yes, a single Wage Target % can be loaded for any Division and it will show for the Location. It won’t be possible to drill down by Division on this. If the setting is set to No, Wage Target % per Divisions can be loaded
- The setting Use wage target for location in Rota is located at Rotas > Administration > Global Settings
Note: The templates above are also available for download here.
Submitting Templates to Fourth
- Download template spreadsheets as required from the sections above
- Complete the template spreadsheets and send them via email to your Fourth Customer Success Manager (CSM)
- Fourth checks and uploads the data
- Fourth sends confirmation of the successful load
If using Advanced Scheduling or Labour Productivity, additional data will need to be uploaded. Please see WFM Labour Productivity: Uploading Sales Budgets and Wage Target Percentages for details on this.
Please note: Fourth will charge for 2 hours work per template loaded. Further charges may be incurred if the templates are amended or combined in any way, as this will lead to additional work needing to be carried out.
Fourth will check that mandatory fields are populated and the formatting is correct prior to upload. The accuracy of the data itself is the responsibility of the customer.
- GUIDE: Contains a table listing all field names, descriptions, and formatting rules (Fig.4)
- EXAMPLE: Contains a small amount of example data, to illustrate what the completed template will look like (Fig.5)
- Template Name: Where the actual data is to be inserted (Fig.6)
Fig.3 - Three sheets in a template spreadsheet
Fig.4 - A GUIDE sheet
Fig.5 - An EXAMPLE sheet
Fig.6 - A blank template sheet, ready to be populated
Frequently Recurring Fields
Each budget template is slightly different but there are several fields that recur across them all. These field names are listed below, along with paths and screenshots for where they appear in the system.
Accounting System Code
- HR > Company Admin > Locations > location name > Accounting System Code
Fig.7 - An Accounting System Code against a specific location
- HR > Company Admin > Locations > Location Name (under Description)
Fig.8 - A Location Description
- HR > Company Admin > Sections (under Description)
Fig.9 - A Section Description
- HR > Company Admin > Divisions > Division Name (under Description) - Budgets must be loaded against indivdidual divisions and not consolidated.
Fig.10 - A Division Description
- Rotas > Administration > Configure Locations > Select Location > Scroll down and select Edit Revenue Targets > Annual Budget > Select Year > Value under Revenue Expected
Fig.11 - A Weekly Budget figure
- Rotas > Administration > Configure Locations > Select Location > Edit Revenue Targets > Annual budget > Select Year > Select Week > Value under Day of the Week
To configure this on the portal against each Location, follow these steps:
- Rotas > Administration > Configure Location > Select a Location > Scroll down and select Edit Revenue Targets on the right side
- Tick the boxes against:
- Is the budgeted revenue to come from an annual target set in advance?
- Is the budgeted revenue to be calculated by the system?
- Enter % figures in the revenue taken on fields for each day, so the Total Percentage shows as100%
- Save once complete
Fig.13 below shows an example of a Location with Daily split Budgets configured correctly.
Please note: Daily split figures in this example have been populated as an example split only, this will vary depending on the specific location.
Fig.13 - Correct settings and daily split budget percentages entered when editing Revenue Targets
WFM UK: UI Refresh: Scheduling: Uploading Sales Budgets and Wage Target Percentages
Please sign in to leave a comment.